Lead Design release engineer
HARMAN international, End client General motors
- Representing Harman as an on-site ( Managing 12 resident engineer) Lead Release/Resident engineer for program execution matters.
- Meets with customer representatives regionally and globally to ensure program / project objectives are being met within designated parameters (Eg. Germany, Hungary, Korea, china, Mexico).
- Responsible for communicating the customer requirements within the organization and interface with multiple groups within to ensure customer’s requirement expectations are being met.
- Providing weekly program status updates. Represent the program to Internally to Management during program, quality and operations reviews.
- Leading and managing customer relationships at a release engineer and manager level for overall program development.
- organize a cross-functional Product Development Team (PDT) to coordinate the development and integration of products into the vehicle.
- Leading communications for software issues, reporting, investigating and identifying priorities.
- Leading the program adherence to follow standard processes and maintain program and customer related documentation.
- Creating, releasing and follow up on work orders using OEM internal database.
- Create/Approve Engineering Work Orders (EWOs) to release component and all fastener part numbers
- Assisting manufacturing plants in troubleshooting product assembly build issues.rs, Text to Speech, System and Power Management, Phone,Data Carrier,and Data Downloads.
- Initiate and conduct Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
Prepare and track Engineering Change Work Order for release documentation and changes.
- Develop design alternatives and present them to management for decision.
Manage Change Requests and Issue tracking.
- Coordinating build related activities with Application Development staff
- Coordinate design of component with vehicle changes.
- Initiate, analyze and revise design if test/ manufacturing/ field problem is shown in test reports and implement problem resolution.