Creative Director / Owner
Daze Design & Art
Ad agency / Artist colony
Editing and writing, digital and print graphic design, website creation and design, fine art.
- Website creation, coding and maintenance: Trillium Real Estate (WordPress.org, see Current Work sidebar) and Lifeworks Coaching (Dreamweaver). Now offline: MakeBingos.com (Joomla!); QuotesPlus.com; originals of CUO.com, Avondale Schools District, WordPress version of Lifeworks Coaching's site; and several others.
- Other projects: Newsletters, ads, brochures, annual reports, books, posters, logo and branding design, multimedia kiosks, interfaces.
- Clients: University of Michigan, Credit Union ONE, Ford Motor Company, Eaton, Delphi, Eastern Michigan University, AOL, Lifeworks Coaching, Trillium Real Estate, health and elder care companies, travel and insurance agencies, schools.
- Fine art creation: Painting, drawing, portraiture and printmaking.
- Created Credit Union ONE's website in 1996 after persuading a very resistant management team that the Internet was not a fad and that CUO would be well served by a web presence. The 60-page site we debuted grew to more than 120 and was the starting point for the IT department to add online banking and other secure services. I freshened the site daily for two years by myself.
- Served as final editor and designer of EMU's 2001 reaccreditation documents, an especially important filing since the university needed to remove its provisional academic status. The accreditor's team members publicly noted their pleasure that the documents, compiled from every EMU department and office, were "remarkably of one voice," easy to read in both writing style and layout design, and key to Eastern earning full accreditation.
Daze Design & Art was formerly Exit2 Multimedia, jointly owned with a business partner.