Associate Athletics Director for Development
- Provide comprehensive management for all athletics development activity and operations, with areas of emphasis including leadership and principal-level fundraising activities associated with enhancing and developing athletics facilities; commitments to existing or new athletics endowments; planned and special restricted gifts; and direction of all annual giving programs.
- In role of chief advancement officer for athletics, serve as lead fundraiser for $35M Athletics micro-campaign in support of enhanced or new facilities with special emphasis on prospects capable of $100,000+ gifts.
- Administrate specific operations and activities for football, baseball, men's and women's crew
- Successfully managed and fundraised for completion of Athletics' component ($12M) of $350M comprehensive university-wide capital campaign; goal was exceeded prior to campaign conclusion
- Achieved 100% Board of Trustee philanthropic Owl Club participation and negotiated matching unrestricted gift resulting in over $300,000 new dollar positive impact to annual fund
- Manage conference, regional and NCAA events as both host and participating institution
- Implementing a comprehensive plan for the total identification, education, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of annual donors and prospects to Temple Athletics, including pipeline development, restructuring annual giving operation, and volunteer engagement and communications.
- Identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding a major gifts portfolio of approximately 180 prospects capable of making major gifts/pledges in support of Temple Athletics.
- Leading all strategic planning processes in alignment with University's mission and vision, including providing appropriate leadership to other athletics external areas (ticketing, corporate sales, athletics communications, and marketing) as relevant.
- Working with Director of Athletics to manage principal-level donor prospects, campaign Case Statements, and external firms providing feasibility, consulting and architectural counsel.
- Implementing plans, developing strategies and directing programs to build interest and involvement among donors and prospects via an effective and inventive moves management process emphasizing incremental increases, conversion of leadership annual donors to major gift donors - and major gift donors to legacy donors.
- Coordinating with the Office of Institutional Advancement; working and consulting regularly with the President's Office, Trustee Committee on Athletics, Sr. Vice President and President's Advisory Committee on Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Managing involvement of the President, Director of Athletics, Trustees, coaches, volunteers, principal donors and community partners.
- Managing the Owl Club Executive Board and Owl Club Ambassadors including board training, cultivation and solicitation, committee involvement, member engagement and University relations.
- Engaging coaching staff in successful yet coordinated restricted sport development activity.