- 10+ years experience as IT professional.
- 6+ years experience in a leadership role across various client teams
- Extensive experience in onsite-offshore AVM and AD models
- Have managed delivery of large onsite-offshore teams, tracked profitability and health of the client accounts
- Worked several years for a CMM Level 5 company and exposure to high level of quality standards and processes
- Excellent record of designing and developing several retail specific applications as well as executing various mass change projects, including Sunrise compliance, Store field expansion etc
- Ability to manage overall scope, schedule, budget, quality, issues, and risk of the project, in various project management models, including matrix model
- Proven track record in Business Analysis, software development, Quality Assurance and IT Consulting and managing Infrastructure Operations
- Goal-oriented individual with strong leadership capabilities
- Expertise in migration/legacy projects, Analysis, Design, Development, Integration, Enhancement, Maintenance, Evaluation, Testing, Deployment of Mainframe customized applications and 24x7 Application support
- Demonstrated strong leadership in effectively building and motivating teams of varying sizes.
- Exposure to Data Warehousing projects with Oracle, Netezza databases, IBM Data Stage and Autosys scheduler
- Organized, highly motivated, and detail-directed problem solver
- Proven ability to work in unison with staff, volunteers, and Senior Management
- Good communication skills, with roles favoring multiple interactions with senior client management.
- Experience in assembling extended project teams:projects with on-site and off-shore resources including Business Analysts, Architects and Developers
- Experience in coordinating project execution with other groups such as Infrastructure Development, Operations and Support, Helpdesk and the end user community
- Ability to manage overall scope, schedule, budget, quality, issues, and risk of the project
- Ability to multi-task, communicate, motivate and to assume responsibility
- Also have experience in Financial industry having worked in the IT department for a stock Exchange
- Experience in managing account level and business development activities, in addition to administrative tasks including billing, invoicing, profitability management and sales projections.
- Currently a program manager, managing delivery of various projects, including business analysts, DBAs, Application Administrators and developers along with several offshore developers/designers
- Experience in developing/creating SoW’s, RFP’s, RFQs for new projects/contracts in existing client accounts
Feb 2007 - Mar 2008
Cognizant Technology Solutions US Corporation
- Successfully set up an Ops team working in an onsite-offshore model and worked with client project management in implementing/installing a larger planning application at Family Dollar, a Fortune 500 retailer
- Responsible for managing IT Infrastructure services and operations for this application on an on-going basis
- First exposure for the client in the Operations area – for onsite-offshore model. Worked on and defined new processes, standards, workflow and SLAs
- Handle resource management, allocation of team members as well as client administration responsibilities
- Assist with tracking profitability and health of the client account, manage hiring and induction of lateral associates and ensure proper billing to the client.
- Manage DBA, Server Administrators, Application Administrators and work with third party vendors in installation, implementation and support.
- Manage delivery for team consisting 15+ resources at client site and 20-30 offshore resources.
- Responsibilities include account management, including business development, account mining activities, proposal estimations /preparations
- Additional responsibilities include performance appraisals for team members, coaching and mentoring for direct reports
- Working with third party vendors in application Support
- Report to Senior management including C level executives on project progress and timelines
- Track profitability and health of the client account, manage hiring and induction of lateral associates and ensure proper billing to the client. Assist in SoW, RFP, RFQ preparation and contract/Business Development discussions
May 2001 - Jan 2007
- Responsibilities included managing/leading teams of varying sizes (up to 20 offshore members) for undertaking Impact and Business analysis, estimation and planning. Responsible for Project management, delivery, planning and execution.
- Also responsible for Coaching and mentoring of team members, setting performance goals and appraisals at frequent intervals.
- Tasked with resource management and client administration responsibilities using in-house project management tools like Clarity and Primavera timesheet systems
- Single point of contact for organizational activities like hiring; team building exercises and contribution to knowledge management initiatives at the client location.
- Responsibilities included Account management, including business development, account mining activities, proposal preparations, and contract estimations.
- Executed and independently managed projects varying in budget from 300,000 USD to 2.5 Million USD.
- Responsible for managing two data warehousing projects for the client (due to shortage of client Project managers), including budgeting, estimation and planning, delivery, planning and execution.
- Earlier in this job, responsibilities included leading teams of varying sizes for undertaking Requirement collection, Business analysis and translation into sub-system Functional Specifications, doing Impact Analysis and Review, Preparation of High level and Detailed design, Metrics collection and Quality management, Coding and review, Preparation of test strategy, test scope and test plans, Testing – Unit, Integration and End-to-End testing, Knowledge sessions for Offshore team members and Implementation planning
Expertise in COBOL, CICS, PL/I, SAS, JCL, REXX, VSAM, DB2, MS Access, IMS, XPEDITER, XCHANGE, SCLM, HIPERSTATION, INTERTEST , Compuware Toolkit, IBM Utilities, NDM, WYLBUR, SQL and CA – 7 Experience in Microsoft Project, Microsoft EPM, Powerpoint, Visio, Microsoft PPM, Excel, Access, Clarity and Primavera Managed Data warehousing projects (Netezza, IBM Datastage), server operations (BEA Weblogic, BI), including application (SAS Marketmax) and database (Oracle) administration