Senior Engineer - Supply Chain Management
- Steel Procurement - Procured approximately 30,000 MT TMT Steel & Structural Steel - approximately 30,000 MT for Western region for more than 60 sites.
- Cement Procurement - Procured approximately 40,000 MT Cement per month for the Western Region for more than 80 sites.
- Logistics Management - Handled Third Party Logistics for Western Region for approximately 20,000 MT TMT per month & reduced costs by 20% by arranging FOR deliveries by the Steel Manufacturers and by establishing preferred Vendors and improving tracking & scheduling processes.
- Vendor Management & Development- Managed & developed more than 100 Steel Suppliers, Cement Suppliers and 3PL providers across India.
- Rate Contract Negotiation - Developed strategic suppliers and negotiated contract agreements, resulting in cost savings due to reduced administrative costs as well as quantity price breaks Tender Management - Involved in tendering & pre-bidding processes by giving accurate rates for raw materials on a pan India basis.
- Stakeholder Management - Work closely on an ongoing basis with key ‘partners’ both at a practitioner level and at senior level, influencing people with different agendas to adopt new concepts and different ways of working to maximum optimization.
- Scrap Disposal - Responsible for conducting material inspection and Auction to facilitate scrap disposal.
- Plant & Machinery Procurement - Responsible for procuring spare parts for repair & maintenance of various Construction Equipment
- Responsible for obtaining RFQs & negotiating with suppliers for cost optimization.
- Responsible for analyzing the quotations acquired by vendors & choosing suitable supplier based on technical requirement of the project.
- Responsible for issuing PO to the L1 vendor & getting the Techno – Commercial Approvals. Coordinating at Regional level with various Business Units across the country to ensure timely procurement & delivery of material.
- Liaising between sites, suppliers & third party logistics providers to ensure timely procurement & delivery of material for more than 100 sites across India.
- Responsible for procurement of Capital items. Responsible for Vendor and Sub-Contractor billing. Responsible for MIS preparation & reporting.