I am an inquisitive trilingual individual with hands-on and diverse experiences and accomplishments who anticipates needs, politely assertive, meets deadlines, provides exceptional client service, takes ideas and turns them into completed projects, and works collaboratively with the team. I am motivated professional with quantitative skills with excellent communication ability. I have a passionate commitment to public service. I seek a position where my organizational and multi-tasking abilities are best utilized and room for opportunity to grow.
Aug 2004 - Dec 2008
Bachelor of Arts
California State University, Sacramento
Feb 2010 - Jun 2011
ENS Resources, Inc. is a federal advocate firm providing public policy consulting, regulatory and legislative services, and strategic planning. ENS Resources executes its extensive communications network with key congressional delegations, federal agencies, trade associations, and business coalitions in Washington, D.C. to achieve client needs.
- Attended Congressional hearings and articulated hearing reports
- Tracked legislative bills
- Managed company's accounting - vendor checks, deposits, invoicing, transfer funds, and bill clients
- Organized itineraries - hotel/air fare/car rental and event planning
- Facilitated meeting itineraries with Congressional Hill staff for clients
- Filed lobbying and contribution reports
- Coordinated administrative contracts, insurance, subscriptions, and weekly legislative reports to clients
- Provided general administrative and clerical support to President, Board of Directors, Accountants, Vendors including but not limited to answering phones, filing, preparing documents, copying, faxing, updating calendar, processing mail, etc.
- Maintained high standards of quality and productivity to promise ongoing business development and professional growth among staff
Jan 2007 - Dec 2009
Account Clerk/Administrative Assistant
Smith Moore and Associates, Inc. is a full service association management and communications firm. Smith Moore provides all necessary professional staff resources and support for clients.
- Performed daily use of Quickbooks to input checks, credit card transactions, create invoices and sales receipts for eight clients
- Responsible for accounts receivable processing, data entry, updating membership databases, preparing deposits for client bookkeepers and day-to-day accounts receivable support
- Managed company's paid time off requests, retirement plans, and health care benefits
- Facilitated meetings in accounting department
- Managed grant agreements for research studies
- Worked closely with the Executive Director and Director of Operations
- Provided administrative support to a number of our client's board of directors
- Responsible for new signers to be added onto bank accounts
- Responsible for answering phones, faxing, scanning, filing, preparing documents, copying, processing mail, etc.
Dec 2005 - Dec 2006
- Consistently accomplished sales target at the end of each quarter with proven record of success and led the company in achieving revenues
- Assisted customers with deposit transactions and payments
- Became a key resources for opening new credit cards, savings and checking accounts
- Empowered customers to succeed financially by coaching them how to manage their money wisely and to avoid unnecessary fees
- Provided translation assistance for Russian speaking customers
- Ensured high levels of customer service satisfaction
Aug 2005 - Dec 2005
English Second Language Teacher Assistant
- Tutored students that spoke English as a second language as the sole teacher
- Created weekly schedule and course outline
- Accomplished a connection with the students with no previous teaching experience
Aug 2002 - Aug 2003
Laboratory Assistant Project SEED
ACS Project SEED is a summer research program for students to experience what its like to be a chemist. Students entering their junior or senior year in high school are given a rare chance to work alongside scientist-mentors on research projects in industrial, academic, and federal laboratories, discovering new career paths as they approach critical turning points in their lives. With guidance from mentors, they gain confidence, a solid sense of direction, and the ability to realize their own potential.
- Performed Surface Chemistry experiments alongside a scientist, researcher, and graduate students
- Presented project presentation to professors