Senior Programme Manager
- Responsible for the oversight of 3 out of 4 economic development programmes in South Africa.
- Worked with business advisors to guide the sustainable development of rural entrepreneurs and small scale enterprises with a view to creating jobs and reducing poverty
- Developed proposals for funding agencies like the Ford and Kellogg Foundations and increased the requests from US$1M for 2007 to US$1.8M for 2008 to enable expansion of the programmes
- Expanded corporate relationships to increase TechnoServe’s South African footprint
- Developed a tourism programme for TechnoServe South Africa with a view to stimulate a new kind of tourism which creates value from local assets and acts as a force for local economic development
- Worked with a team of 6 Georgetown University MBA students to develop an understanding of the economics of using sweet sorghum feedstock instead of sugarcane or corn.
- Led the development of a diagnostic methodology to improve the quality of clients receiving support