Asst. General Manager - Sales & Marketing
- Innovative Professional with 8+ years of progressive experience in Education Industry, Flooring Industry and IT sales and the skills to drive business growth, capitalizes on new revenue potential, and manages all aspects of large scale business operations.
- Expertise in new and used business development, pricing strategies, client relations and needs assessment, marketing, financial management, administration, and staff training, supervision, motivation and mentoring
- Proactive leader with refined business acumen and exemplary people skills. Facilitate a team approach to achieve organizational objectives, increase productivity and enhance employee morale.
- Quick study, with an ability to easily grasp and put into application new ideas, concepts, methods and technologies. Dedicated, innovative and self-motivated team player/builder.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, oral/written communication, interpersonal, analytical, and problem resolution skills. Thrive in both independent and collaborative work environments
Oct 2012 - Present
Asst. General Manager - Sales & Marketing
- Create and implement effective direct sales strategies and lead a direct sales team towards achievement of corporate sales objectives.
- Responsible for revenue development of the region by selling training solutions to Corporate, Government Organization, Schools, colleges etc.
- Responsible for initiating pre-sales activities to provide the information about the product through online and offline demonstrations, client interactions, responding to RFI & RFP
- Responsible for managing budgets, managing teams, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Develop competencies and processes required to create an effective and efficient sales organization.
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
- Identify the business and operational requirements based upon the business requirements & objectives of each product.
- To ensure ideal C-SAT from the respective clients and responsible for retaining the clients
- Proactively identify change in delivery systems, and competitive pressures to develop and modify strategies and tactics accordingly.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful channel and partner programs
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts and manage to meet/exceed it.
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, etc.) to address key business issues and opportunities.
- Maintain competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies
Sep 2011 - Oct 2012
Senior Manager - Business Development
- Responsible for mapping the number of schools in the territories allotted and create leads, accounts and opportunities
- Create, develop and initiate effective sales and marketing strategies for selling e-learning solutions to schools (K-12 Segment)
- Responsible for conducting sales demonstrations to provide the information about the product to the stakeholders
- Liaison with the head of the institution and other stake holders and conduct demonstration training on a regular basis
- Achieve the target set by the company from time to time
- Accountable towards commercials and contract negotiations
- To understand clients requirements and conceptualize appropriate solutions
- To engage successfully in the entire sales cycle from prospecting to sales closure
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
Apr 2006 - Sep 2011
Responsive Industries Limited
- Responsible for handling dealers and distributors for the sales of vinyl flooring materials
- To identify and manage key account clients and identify strategies for gathering new business Development
- Achieve the revenue target as per the goal sheet released by the management from time to time
- Managing a team of sales force for retail sales closures
- Responsible for expansion of channels and appointment of new distributors as and when required
- Responsible for the conduct of exhibitions, conferences, demonstrations for boosting sales
Albert's College Mahatma Gandhi University