Analytical and detail-oriented Technical Writer with engineering experience, having over 6 years of experience in rendering technical details into readable/usable documentation. Strong background in writing with excellent editing and proofreading skills, exceptional written communication skills, can work independently or in a team environment.
Sep 2015 - Sep 2015
Open Colleges, Australia
Oct 2010 - Jan 2015
FMC Technologies Inc
- Built and maintained all training manuals, lesson plans, job aides, and training records.
- Worked with subject matter experts(SME's) to develop and implement best practices in departmental procedures, across all departments and divisions.
- Built and maintained SharePoint intranet website for all training documents and procedures. Reviewed training documentation and job aids annually for accuracy.
- Revised when necessary, and developed retraining and up-training sessions as needed.
- Created end user manuals which include the following: Operation Maintenance Manual, Installation and Commissioning Procedure,Preservation Storage and Maintenance manual, Technical Data Information;Hook up and Function Test ;User Manual ;Transport and Handling Equipment; Assembly Procedure
- Created Reports and Test Procedures for the products. Worked on Standardization of Documents.
- Experienced in delivering induction to the new joiners and training the team members. Implementation of QC's(Documents) in SAP. Worked on the ISO 9001 frame work for the test lab.
Dec 2010 - Dec 2011
FMC Technologies, Houston
- Assisted in maintenance and updates of documents after application and business changes occurred.
- Worked in a deadline-driven production shop of a strong team environment with Instructional Designers, QA Editors, and Project Leads.
- Performed research and needs-analysis for training programs.
- Designed [computer based] training programs to suite/adapt targeted audiences.
- Coordinated the production of training materials and the distribution to trainers.
Sep 2009 - Jul 2010
- Redesigned, rationalised and produced numerous forms used in computing, manufacture and quality control.
- Produced organisation charts, entity relationship diagrams, posters and other illustrations.
- Helped develop user manuals, program documentation, training manuals, and operational procedures.
- Liaised with IT staff to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of technical document updates.
- Planned, wrote, and edited operational and instructional manuals, as well as maintenance and test procedures, for paper-and Web-based publications.
- Documented engineering processes and specifications for software development life cycle, product delivery, and product and patch releases.
Certificate III - IT
Nov 2015 - Present
Jul 2010 - Aug 2012
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
May 2003 - Aug 2007