Former automotive business of Rockwell International. $9 billion Tier 1 component supplier. Grew division over 14 years from $125 to $500 million in annual sales through systems strategy.
Director of Product Planning and Development 2003-2007
Directed growth of $500 million Trailer Systems division through APQP quality-based product development process.Led cross-functional teams to advance programs from concept through launch in engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, finance, sales and marketing.
- Added $60 million in annual sales and $12 million in gross profit by developing ChassiPak axle and pneumatic brake package for Chinese OEMs.
- Revolutionized mechanical suspension systems by developing SimilAir composite springs.
- Grew automatic tire inflation business to $18 million in annual sales with 25% gross profit by enhancing competitive advantage with ThermALERT heat-sensing technology.
Director of Worldwide Marketing 2000-2003
Headed marketing and business development for Suspension Systems and Trailer Products division with five direct reports. Directed advertising, public relations, promotion, training, shows, website and customer relationship management tools for highway products.
- Secured 60% North American axle market share by positioning as systems supplier.
- Conducted consumer goods promotion for recreational vehicle products to build end-user preference, which secured standard position at major OEM.
- Addressed successive company name changes with brand and positioning strategy in Europe, resulting in 25% increase in share.
Director of Marketing 1996-2000Led marketing, sales planning, mergers & acquisitions, and strategic planning of Trailer Products division, leading manufacturer of heavy-duty truck trailer axles worldwide, managing four direct reports within matrix organization.
- Doubled divisional sales through development of a complete undercarriage system.
- Formed joint venture to develop trailer air suspension system, which was selected as standard equipment by world's largest trailer manufacturer, and recognized with the prestigious automotive PACE Award for Innovation.
- Added $9 million in annual sales and $2.3 million in gross profit by negotiating marketing and distribution agreement for automatic tire inflation system.