With over 15 years of Marketing and Communications experience, I have worked in many different areas of the field. I have vast experience working with digital media as well as traditional media including print, television, outdoor, direct mail, and radio. My expertise in marketing and advertising planning comes from many years of experience as well as studying the latest trends in the industry. I hope my work history will give you some insight into my experience and knowledge level. Please contact me for more information or if you have any questions. -Ryan
Jul 2000 - Present
In my role as a Media Specialist and Webmaster for Gateway Medical Center, I am in charge of our online marketing initiatives including online advertising, monthly e-newsletter (2,000+ subscribers), Twitter updates, YouTube Channel updates, supplying health articles for local media and news sites, online listing management, Pay Per Click campaigns and website analytics. I manage and optimize the content of our website todaysgateway.com, our employee intranet and two employed physician group practice websites (gatewaymedicalgroup.com, dovermedicalclinic.com). During my time at Gateway, The Tennessee Society for Healthcare Marketing and Public Relations has recognized our websites for excellence on three different occasions, and our sites have experienced consistent growth.
My duties also include planning advertising campaigns, managing HealthScope (our printed community magazine), managing our employee newsletter, monthly health article for Clarksville Family Magazine, managing the script for our on-hold messaging system and coordinating the messages on our tv display monitors within the medical center. I also assisted Gateway through a name change and location move.
In 2015 or digital and print initiatives experienced tremendous growth and success. Highlights include:
- Website visits increased by 42%
- Unique visitors increased by 11%
- Pageviews increased by 23%
- Twitter Followers increased by 32%
- Website referrals from organic search increased by 20%
- eNewsletter click rate was more than double the industry average
- Our HealthScope magazine (community newsletter) showed an ROI of $68.38 for every dollar spent
Other job duties and accomplishments include:
- Served as project manager for four redesigns of todaysgateway.com, addition of two e-newsletters, creation/design/development of Gateway’s first intranet, and the launch of two joint venture websites (clarksvilleimaging.com and gvctc.com).
- Responsible for HealthScope Printed Newsletter (mailed to over 30,000 households)
- Planning media/advertising campaigns to include online, print, direct mail, outdoor, radio, video and non-traditional opportunities.
- Graphics Design: Projects include brochures, newsletters, advertisements, postcards, posters, presentations
- Writing Articles & Taking Photos for Newsletters and Brochures
- News Releases
- Media Request
- Media Placement
Jan 2008 - Present
Open Door Design and Technology is my freelance design and technology company. We offer web design, graphics design, marketing, advertising and IT services. Our client list includes:
- Forward Momentum LLC
- Bone and Joint Group
- Clarksville Imaging Center
- Wishing Well Gift Shop
- Reflections Salon and Spa
- Mind The Ps Marketing
- Transitions in Progress
- Brown Brown and Associates
- Sango United Methodist Church
- Clarksville Internal Medicine
- Clarksville Towing
- AAA Accelerated Appliance Repair
- Clarksville Medical Group Managers Association
- Paw Print Pet Resort
- Tender Paws Animal Therapy Group of Clarksville
Dec 2008 - Dec 2009
National Trainer and Advisor
The National Trainer was an important link in the connection between the United Methodist Communications and local churches. We provided relevant and applicable skills-based training, hands-on instruction, consultation and resources to local church members, pastors, staff and volunteers that enabled them to adapt and implement Web and Internet technology for effective ministry.
- Prepare the learning environment (face-to-face) and set up equipment.
- Conduct face-to-face training in Web and Internet technology at national, conference and district levels using prescribed curriculum and training plans.
- Conduct online instruction in Web and Internet technology using prescribed curriculum and training plans.
- Make regular and relevant contributions to the Web and Internet Technology Forum for local church use and adaptation of proven and emerging tools for ministry.
- Complete quantitative and qualitative feedback and evaluation of each training, online course or consultation experience.
- Provide ongoing consultation with Advisory Team to update and improve curriculum and training plans.
Jul 1999 - Jul 2000
Working for Gardner Wallcovering proved to be a great stepping stone in my career as I gained valuable experience in planning media campaigns and media buying.
Aug 1998 - Jul 1999
Working at WKRN gave me an inside look at how the news media works. This experience is something that I now draw on when dealing with the media. My duties at WKRN included writing script for newscast, running the prompter during live telecast and working the weekend assignment desk.
Sep 1994 - May 1998
BA in Journalism with an emphasis in Graphics Design and a minor in Marketing.
- Named Gateway Medical Center Employee of the Month - October 2009
- Received 2006 PRISM Award from TSHMPR for Gateway Medical Center Website
- Received 2004 PRISM Award from TSHMPR for Gateway Medical Center Intranet
- Received 2002 Citation of Excellence Award from TSHMPR for Gateway Medical Center Website
- Judge for '01 & '02 KSHMPR Thoroughbred Awards (KY Healthcare Advertising Awards)
- Judge for 2005 United Way Golden Excellence In Media Awards
- Served on 2000-present Gateway Volunteer Auxiliary Charity Golf Classic Committee
- Treasurer for Sango United Methodist Men’s Group (2003-2009)
- Chairman Sango United Methodist Computer Ministry Team (www.sangoumc.org) (2002-present)
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees for Sango United Methodist Church (2008-2010)
- Gateway Credit Union Supervisory Committee Member (2009)
- Gateway Credit Union Board Member (2010-2013)
- Nashville Sports Council Member (2002-2008)
- Clarksville Senior Games Volunteer (2002-2006)
- 2012 Jr Team Tennis Captain for Boys & Girls 10U team
- 2015 Assistant coach for Cyclones 11-12 year old girls softball team
Network Engineer at BMI (615-612-9309)
Corey and I worked together at Gateway Medical Center for seven years and still collaborate on many freelance projects.
Marketing Professional (931-216-1035)
Benita was my supervisor at Gateway Medical Center for over 15 years.
- Married with two daughters
- Active at Sango United Methodist Church
- Tennis & Softball Fan
- Fitness Enthusiast
- Enjoys Reading