My name is Jennifer Ryan. I am a junior at Michigan State University, studying Hospitality Business. MyCumulative GPA is a 3.54 and my major GPA is 3.88. I have been on the Deans List for two semesters, I am ServSafe Certified and I am a member of the PCMA - Professional Convention Management Association. Also, I am currently the Co-Social Chair of Alpha Chi Omega Sorority, and have been since December 2007. Some of the tasks I perform includeorganizing social and philanthropic events for 150 active sorority members, coordinating logistics, including transportation, venue selection, and entertainment, and establishing communication with other social organizations, while managing a social budge.
Seeking a full time position immediately after graduation to utilize my event planning, public relations and marketing skills in a professional environment to contribute to the organization’s success.
Oct 2008 - Present
MONSTER Energy Collegiate Ambassador
Hansen's Beverage Company
- Plan and execute multiple marketing events to promote Monster Energy
- Encourage the sampling of all Monster flavors at local social and academic events
- Compose weekly and monthly product and event marketing evaluations
May 2009 - Aug 2009
Intern Floor Leader
- Represented management by conveying hospitality, service and friendliness to members and guests
- Trained personnel to render the highest possible level of service to club members and guests
- Ensured that member dining rooms were properly set, cleaned, staffed and prepared for meal service
- Supervised food service during meals; investigated and resolved food quality and service issues
- Assisted management in monthly beverage inventory and in minimizing operational costs
- Helped plan staff meetings and helped organize events according to the customer requests