Well-rounded, multifaceted professional possessing excellent written and visual communication ability in addition to effective customer service and teamwork skills. Offering a versatile skill set acquired through extensive clerical experience involving website and resource management, data processing/validation, and content writing/editing, as well as a solid educational foundation and coursework in graphic design, information systems, and computer programming.
Jul 2007 - Present
- Organize, sort, and shelve library materials according to the Dewey Decimal classification system.
- Assist in the setup and supervision of community events held in the library function room.
- Provide assistance and collection information to library patrons; locate and retrieve requested items.
- Supervise and assist patrons at the copy machines and microfilm readers.
Feb 2012 - Jul 2012
Data Processing Clerk (Temp.)
- Identified, interpreted, and entered alphanumeric data into a Microsoft Access based program.
- Processed petition forms by sorting and labeling batches while totaling valid signatures.
- Verified voter information against a master database; handled exceptions and duplicates as needed.
Jul 2009 - Feb 2012
Sales & Marketing Assistant
- Maintained and updated websites, inventory lists, and contact databases for multiple nursery locations.
- Created literature, promotional materials, and print/web graphics for nursery events and sales.
- Expanded online presence through social media services and other online marketing resources.
- Collaborated in the development and presentation of nursery workshops and informational videos.
Jan 2011 - Mar 2011
Reference Librarian Intern
- Provided excellent reference assistance to patrons from the reference desk and over the telephone.
- Helped patrons with catalog, database, internet navigation, and computer or printing station difficulties.
- Assisted librarians with collection development and discarding procedures.
- Processed holds, returns, and newly acquired materials.
Sep 2005 - Sep 2006
Retail Sales Associate
- Provided inventory control and merchandise stocking in addition to maintaining a presentable department.
- Handled sales, returns, and exchanges at the front registers; solicited and processed charge card applications.
- Offered courteous and thorough customer service on the sales floor and over the telephone.
Aug 2009 - Aug 2011
Master of Library and Information Science
Courses taken: Management of Information Agencies; Research Methods and Analysis; Project Management for Information Systems; Information Resources and Services in Culturally Diverse Communities; Organization and Control of Information Resources; Internet Applications, Services and Management for Information Professionals; Introduction to Digital Libraries.