I am a senior business development executive passionate about creating value first customer experiences and leading a team of professional sellers to BIG achievement. I subscribe to a Consultative/Solutions sales methodology that delivers differentiation and proof of concept into the sales cycle. I embed a disciplined process into my sales organization and cultivate a culture of performance and accountability. I rely on strategic planning, thought leadership, brand strategy, recruiting, talent management and talent development to gain a competitive advantage. I hire attitude, ethics and effort over industry experience and believe authentic leadership means by example. I love to win, have fun and surround myself with talent who believe passionately in the mission of our organization and value proposition we deliver. I believe that professional sales is the greatest vocation in the world and sales leadership means serving those in my employ every bit as much as my customers. I believe professional selling in the knowledge economy demands new skills, competency and commitment.
- National Speakers Association, Professional Member
- Employer Brand Institute, Sr. Advisory Member
- Human Resources Certification Institute (SHRM) - Approved strategic credit speaker/trainer
- SmartBrief on Workforce - Advisory Board Member
Mar 2009 - Present
Founder and Principal of an emerging speaking and consulting practice delivering business performance solutions by helping companies more effectively engage with their two most important audiences, employees & customers. Our seminars blend interaction, energy and actionable content designed to elevate business outcomes. The message is a compelling crusade on corporate culture, communication, brand ambassadorship, change and preparing to thrive in the ultra competitive, hyper connected business environment we now know as the new normal. Our guiding principles include: Passion: Driving higher levels of employee and customer engagement to enhance business performance. Purpose: Helping guide individual contributors, leaders and organizations on this journey. Premise: Put people first...profits follow. Promise: Delivering experiences that people never forget. We provide Management Consulting, Brand Strategy and Communication Design and Seminar & Training solutions. Our Sales Effectiveness launch includes Sales Training and Transformation solutions to drive business performance. Our HR/Corporate Communications portfolio includes Employment Branding, Communication Strategy and Creative & Interactive Services. Our client roster includes category leading organizations like Microsoft, Hewitt, Mayo Clinic, Radisson and Boston Scientific.
2006 - 2008
Chief Sales Officer, McCann Erickson/NAS Recruitment Communications Division
Corporate Officer with executive oversight for enterprise business development function, sales strategy/process, sales skill development, shared P&L and operating responsibility for $50 million business focused on B to B sector in Human Resource Communications, Consulting, Employer Branding, Interactive & Creative. Total operations included 36 locations in North America and 350 employees.
- Strategy and Business Results: Contributed to a sales organization redesign from transactional to consultative following my 'value based' methodology. Established a new 'enterprise' business development team/strategy focused on high profile/targeted accounts. Led initiatives around sales measurement/incentive design, established structure for leadership/executive sales management and talent development/training efforts. Initiated client advisory and client user group initiatives/efforts.
- Sales Growth: Contributed to a 21% bottom line company increase for fiscal 2007 and exceeded top line sales target of $6.5 million in 2008 specific to recently established enterprise business development team amid a faltering economy, reduction in operational expenses and industry wide business transformation. Focused on results, not excuses.
- Fortune 500 Enterprise Accounts: 2007-2008 successfully won 19/25 competitive, high target account reviews completely transforming organizations ability to compete successfully for tier one, enterprise level deals. Elevated marketplace position and reputation with significant victories that included John Deere, Minute Clinic, US Cellular, Hewitt, US Bank, Toyota, ATK, Northwest Airlines, CDW, McDonald's and HCA.
- Marketing/Brand Strategy: Led evolution of the brand footprint and portfolio of assets to include core positioning/value proposition, solutions portfolio, capabilities/credentials and fee for services. Assets included web site, case study packages, client video testimonials, value based TAU toolkit, "Shock & Awe" sales campaigns, speakers bureau and white paper/research distribution.
- Thought Leadership:Expedited growth strategy through a thought leader initiative that combined a powerful platform of public speaking and publishing specific to the Human Resources industry. Evolved into a premiere HR industry speaker (SHRM 3.5+ speaker rating) and published in Electronic Recruiting Exchange, Workforce Management Magazine, HR Professional Magazine, SHRM, Business News Network, Crain's Business, Staffing Management Magazine, and the books Your Employer Brand, Employer of Choice and University Means Business.
- Strategic Alliances:Expanded solutions suite and initiated channel partner referral relationships through carefully vetted alliances that included Jobs2Web, Taleo, Employer Brand Institute and Improved Experience. Served as agency liaison for Interpublic Group cross selling/growth initiative.
2003 - 2005
Vice President, Sales, McCann Erickson/NAS Recruitment Communications Division
P&L, operational responsibility and business development oversight for our N. Central Region including Minneapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Cincinnati and Nashville.
- Sales Organization: Developed a best practice sales organization and value based methodology/process to pace with the evolving trend line in HR Communications. Established high growth and achieved most profitable region within the company.
- Talent Development: Developed new sales hire orientation/onboarding program. Responsible for business development training at mid-year and annual sales events to replicate best practices and drive sales strategy. Lead cross functional training initiatives including Fish Philosophy; Raving Fan Customer Service and Attitude 101 in support of our Total Quality initiative.
- Personal Production: Maintained 'top performer' level sales results/ranking to lead by example.
- CRM: Supported development and roll-out of internal/proprietary system.
2000 - 2003
Regional Sales Manager, McCann Erickson/NAS Recruitment Communications Division
P&L, operational responsibility and business development production for the Minneapolis regional office, the largest in the organization.
- Execution: Spearheaded growth upon assuming operational responsibility growing top line sales from $16m to $23m and improving bottom line profits by 47%.
- Business Results: Recorded new organization annual records for sales and net profit. Improved client satisfaction results from 73% to 90%.
- Culture: Fostered a culture of performance, accountability and recognition through clearly defined expectations and mutually agreed upon personal business plans. Operated high transparency/high communication environment to cultivate business driver awareness and high touch client partnerships.
1996 - 1999
Regional Sales Manager
Nationwide Advertising Service
Highest Sales & Highest Profit 1997, 1998, 1999.
1992 - 1995
Nationwide Advertising Service
Account Executive of the Year 1993 & 1994