Facilitated end-to-end operational support, data integration, data analysis, and process automation for Verizon's Corporate Finance department for invoice receipt, validation, auditing, and payment. Used tools such as Talend ETL, Python, SQL, Apache Spark and Tableau to streamline business processes and publish dashboards, reports, and monitoring alerts that provided greater insight and operational control to business leaders and front-line analysts.
- Overhauled key SOX control reporting processes that ensured the integrity of monthly payments to third-party Telecom vendors into a modern SQL-based reporting framework. This reduced the control's complexity, driving the manual overhead of the control from 500 annual hours to 65 annual hours while expanding the control to cover all previously uncontrolled payments, providing total audit coverage for over $1 billion of annual spend.
- Co-designed and co-developed a Big Data analysis solution for analyzing millions of call data records within minutes to produce audit disputes for third-party vendor invoices related to customer call usage. This was previously not possible within the business.
- Designed and developed an exception-based alerting system for twelve key SOX controls that alerts the department to any potential control violations, allowing them to be identified and resolved or mitigated within the same business day without any impact to financial operations.
- Developed a comprehensive suite of Tableau dashboards that provided department leadership with a full view of relevant operational metrics and any potential issues requiring attention.
- Designed and built a departmental Data Mart with associated ETL code to house relevant data across ten different systems that now serves as key infrastructure for multiple analysis projects across the Invoice Validation and Accounts Payable departments.