Inside Sales Representative
Wajax Industrial Components
This position consisted of a variety of tasks as the location had a team of 5 employees. I was trained in various aspects of the business to be able to help in those areas as needed. I worked in phone sales, shipping and receiving, gasket & hose assembly, and some administration & office work.
- Creating purchase orders for various clients , ordering the products from vendors, and providing an estimated date for arrival. Picking purchase & transfer orders by hand or forklift within warehouse, allocating inventory and resources within the warehouse, sending out products via couriers and shipping companies, and unpacking, sorting, & receiving shipping into database.
- Selling bearings, v & synchronized belts, hydraulics, and other industrial components. Taking vendor courses to be able to improve sales and solve advanced customer issues over the phone or the counter.
- Drawing and cutting gaskets using hydraulic press, cutting wheel, or by hand. Identifying materials based on texture, color, weight, and thickness to determine if was gylon, neoprene, isoprene, or a variety of rubbers and fibers.
- Constructing a variety of air and hydraulic hose assemblies for different applications using punch locks or crimping tools.
- Reporting daily cash and credit purchases into corporate database, troubleshooting computer issues and working with support technicians, opening and closing the warehouse, and meeting with outside sales representatives and vendors.
- Filing sales invoices, purchase & transfer orders, vendor receipts, accounts receivable/payable, pro forma, service orders, and shipping papers.