Co-Director of El Centro Del Quinto Sol's Music and Words Program
Colorado State University-Pueblo and El Centro Del Quinto Sol
- Design and implement lessons in creative expression through multimodal mediums (writing, image, song, and any other medium which allows for creative expression).
- Retain student involvement in an optional program through a combination of fun lessons and incentives to maintain involvement.
- Identify and highlight student success while helping students overcome problem spots.
- Research new and fun methods of teaching creative expression and implement these methods in a classroom setting.
- Coordinate lesson plans and development with the music portion of the program.
- Document program successes and failures to allow for an adaptive pedagogical approach.
- Encourage cooperation with El Centro staff and community members who represent the body served by the program