- Managed brand messaging, PR and social media strategies – improving visibility and staff satisfaction during periods of growth and transition— forinternational corporations
- Creative thinker whose ideas and content resulted in increased ratings and ROI
- Extensive knowledge of the U.S. Hispanic and Latin American communities and consumers
- Extensive and diverse background in corporate communications including several years of experience translating and editing publications, video and content for some of the largest Latin American portals
Jan 2014 - Present
Marketing Copywriter (Ongoing contract)
Univision is the premier Spanish-language media company in the United States with a powerhouse portfolio of media assets that not only inform and entertain Hispanics, but provide a vital link to their community.
- Developing marketing copies of brochures, mailers and advertisements.
- Analyzed and performed proofreading for all marketing copies.
- Translating marketing pieces from English to Spanish
- Coordinating with teams to ensure compliance with all Univision Communications guidelines.
- Preparing newsletters and maintaining online database.
- Developing promotional content for all TV programs and new products or services.
Jan 2014 - Present
Freelance Translator - Editor
An independent agency which specializes in developing and implementing cost-effective communication strategies in English and Spanish.
- ·Supporting with the editing of more than 300 online pages of Neutrogena and Aveeno websites line products, both of them expecting to be launched on June 2014.
Nov 2012 - Aug 2013
ZGS Group- A television and radio station operator, owner of holaciudad.com websites in cities with the highest Hispanic population in the U.S.
- Wrote Hispanic celebrity interviews, opinion articles related to local and national headlines and entertainment news, basing content on Google Analytics results.
- Increased user engagement through social media and Search Engine Optimization.
- Increased website traffic of unique visitors by 200% in first two-quarters of 2012.
- Maximized and measured impact on the market through monitoring results with Omniture.
Mar 2007 - Jan 2012
- Developed the ‘Amazing Videos' Channel for the Terra Network.This channelrepresents 70% of site traffic and was developed without any external costs
- Responsible for coordinating videos and site updates: http://terratv.terra.com/
- Instrumental in the successful implementation and transitions of two different video platforms in coordination with our main office in Brazil
- Implementation and supervision of training for editors
- In charge of communications with video content providers
- Coordinated live interviews with Terra TV team at Latin American offices
- Responsible for daily review of traffic in 'Metrics' and 'Omniture' to improve effectiveness
- Provided daily input in the implementation process for the Pay Per Click (PPC) campaign
- Responsible for the implementation of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) factors in the video content
- Contributed to the editorial process, including new potential projects and ideas
Oct 2006 - Jan 2007
Account Manager Translator from English to Spanish
- Responsible for account and daily translation activity
- Reviewing and editing translations of new or ongoing accounts
- Assist in quality control tasks for new projects related to translations
- Coordinate graphic translation workflow for accounts
- Assist Project Management in translation requests from clients
- Identify translation issues, escalating them when appropriate
Dec 2003 - Aug 2006
Copy Editor and Reporter
- Review and edit content
- Reading for content and writing appropriate headlines
- Elaborating Headlines and Photo Captions
- Writing and reporting weekly stories for "Vida" (Live Style) features section, as well as organizing and preparing content for posting on the newspaper's Web site
- Write original content in La Palma Web Site
Dec 2004 - Jun 2005
Freelance Journalist / Editor
- Responsible for copy editing publications (i.e. Bible for Kids)
- Reorganized documents and articles
- Worked within budget and deadlines
- Responsible for researching and using reference materials
Apr 2011 - Present
Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship
This program is an interdisciplinary academic curriculum with specialization in Management and New Product development. Recently finished Leadership and Organizational Behavior course.