Central Virginia Regional Library
- Responsible for the operation of a local library branch.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of branch staff, including preparing work schedules.
- Maintain all branch library statistics.
- Perform professional tasks, which may include cataloging, reference services, interlibary loan transfers, circulation, acquisitions, and collection development, as well as software and systems technology choices.
- Maintain library website.
- Attend Regional Library Board meetings and local library board meetings as well as other library-related meetings.
- Maintain local Library and local Board records.
- Consult professional listserves and journal articles to stay informed of new trends and improve library service.
- Represent and advocate for the Regional Library and the local branch by attending and/or addressing local governing boards, civic meetings, and other occasions.
- Design and offer programming for the local library.