- Expertise across in reception of patient’s admission in to Labor Room.
- Expertise in giving bed side training for the nurses
- Expertise in monitoring patients and documentations in the ward.
- Hands on experience in the areas of Strategic Planning for patient’s admission, acute emergency care, initial assessment of fetus etc.
- Information passing to attending doctors regarding patient’s condition.
- Reception of patients admitted to labour room, initial assessment, acute emergency care, parts preparation and enema, initial assessment of fetus, information to attending doctors regarding patient’s condition, information patients and patient’s bystanders regarding patient’s condition, transfer to respective wards depending on condition of patients
- Continuous monitoring of mother and baby, hourly BP, Pulse, respiration, intake & output chart depending on patients condition, 15-20 minutes fetal heart rate monitoring, setting up of oxytocin drip & titration of number of drops, use of infusion pump for oxytocin infusion, pervaginal examination as when necessary, proper assessment of maternal and fetal condition prior to informing attending doctors.
- Shift the patients for 2nd stage area at the current time, meticulous watch over fetal heart rate, providing emotional support & motivation of patients, conduct normal delivery, assistance for forceps or vacuum delivery, neonatal resuscitation & emergency care for the new born
- Preparation for LSCS, administration of oxytocin & emergency drugs, monitoring patients after delivery to check for post-partum hemorrhage, maintenance of instruments and proper information to bystanders regarding patients & new born baby.