- Preparing for Certified Scrum Master certification. Planning to go for Certified Scrum Professional next.
- Stanford Advanced Project Management
- C/C++ Certification by Brainbench (4.0 points out of 5.0)
- The Project Manager Network
2012 - 2014
Stanford Advanced Project Management
Secured Grade "A" in all subjects.
2002 - 2005
Master of Computer Application (MCA) Masters of Computer Application (MCA)
Secured 3rd position out of a batch of 60 students.
1999 - 2002
Bachelors of Science (Chemistry Major)
Secured 80 percentile.
Jul 2014 - Present
Project Lead & Scrum Master
SIRS Discoverer Refresh And K12 Mobile Development
- As a Scrum Master, gained extensive experience implementing scrum principles.Coached a cross functional team of 8 resources to deliver quality products using scrum framework, which led to over $3 M gain in revenue.
- Utilized Agile Scrum practices to help the team increase their velocity by 63% within the first year of Agile adoption
- Facilitated Release Planning, Sprint Planning and Review, Backlog Grooming, and Retrospective meetings and publish status reports.
- As a Senior Developer, contributed to the success of the project by providing technical expertise. Designed and Implemented crucial logic across front-end, back-end and service level.
- Technologies consumed
- Front end :Handle bars, backbone and MVC framework, java-script & html, jquery
- Back end & Services : RESTFul Web Services, Database management using Eclipselink, JPA persistence
- Infra: , github, Tomcat and Apache servers with Nginx for routing, Boopsie integration, jenkins for builds and deployment, , JIRA, Confluence for documentation, cloud watch monitoring.
- AWS - Implemented cloud watch scripts and monitoring , cloud formation templates, EC2 instances, Route 53 configuration for instances, build and deploy apps on cloud instances, defining roles etc.
Jul 2010 - Jul 2014
Sr. Software Engineer, Software Developer III & II
- As a Technical Developer, was a vital resource, nailed down the business decisions after having business requirements discussions with product managers.
- Created production release plan and managed them along with post release maintenance of the products solely. Provided guidance for production activities and crisis management to the team.
- Developed, debugged and tested new and improved application software, including performance and tuning to support continuous integration in an Agile environment .
- Integrated Google Analytic and Web trends to collect usage data which and measure various software metrics.
- Developed,deployed and monitored application software on AWS cloud environment. Created AMIs, elbs, DNS config for EC2 instances.
- .Technologies consumed
- Back end & Service : Mysql, Oracle 9i/11i, PL/SQL,AWS , JDBC
- Infra : Java/J2EE standards, Scrum Principles- XP & CI, JUNIT, ANT 1.7, Eclipse , Apache Tomcat 5.5.28, JIRA, Jenkins , linux/Unix, XML technologies like XSL and Schemas
Oct 2009 - Jul 2010
Sr. Portal Developer
- As a Sr. Portal Developer, developed Spring Web MVC Portlets leveraging the underlying data services with YUI as the UI component.
- Implemented caGrid tissues data service, which could pull all the relevant data from grid database.
- Key contact for requirement gathering, analyzing the business needs, identifying the problems and proposing the possible solutions.Analyzed and Reverse engineered the portal system.
- Defined the workflow of the Portal development using LifeRay 5.2.3 spec and customizations and defined the workflow of the Portlet development (JSR286 spec) and integrated it in the liferay Portal framework.
- Technologies consumed
- Front end : Spring Core 2.5.6, Spring Web MVC portlets, Spring webflow, Hibernate Framework 3.2,LifeRay 5.0.1 and 5.2.3,
- Back end & Service - Axis1.7 (Web Service),MySql 5.4
- Infra : Java 1.5/J2EE standards, TDD (JUNIT), ANT 1.7,Eclipse Galileo, Apache Tomcat 5.5.28, MAC OS (Snow Leopard, 10.6), JIRA (bug tracker), SSH utility in MAC
May 2008 - Aug 2009
Lead Developer & Automation Engineer
- As a Lead developer, implemented Java Test Bed (JTB),a test automation framework to test ITA's airline reservation system by stimulating its interfaces such as XML, airline messaging using Spring IOC and DI concepts.
- Developed the automation execution flow over the Spring framework using J2EE standards.Created Adapter classes for transforming the JAXB data object to model domain objects.
- Worked on mapping of the Model classes generate to the Oracle database using Hibernate ORM model for achieving persistence.
- Used SVN as the version control for files check in, check out, locking, unlocking, branching, version labeling and maven 2.0 a build tool.
- Documented the test cases by creating the use cases diagrams using UML and Rational Rose. Used XML DTDs, Schemas, JAXB, and XML-4J for XML parsing.
- Hudson was used as the primary tool for the Continuous Integration for incremental software development and automated builds.Used Eclipse IDE and JAXP for XML Parsing and JAXB for XML-Java binding.
Feb 2007 - Apr 2008
- As a Lead Engineer, I was the key resource for requirement gathering and knowledge transfer to offshore team. Preparing the high/low level design document for application.
- Used Struts2.0 for UI design and creating service API. Involved in UNIT/UAT testing of the system and incorporated CMMI standards into the Project. Used Eclipse IDE for development.
- Coding and debugging the user Interfaces using tools like JUNIT scripts.
- Used Clear Case for files check in, check out, locking, unlocking, branching, version labeling.
- Implemented JDBC/JDO API for connectivity to the underlying database and data access.
- Created the class diagrams using UML and Rational Rose describing the behavior and interaction of the server within the system.
Jul 2005 - Jan 2007
Joined HCL Tech in 2005 as a Software Engineer and gained extensive industry experience in various area.
- Was involved in Implementation and requirement gathering of Organizational Chart along with testing and post release maintenance.
- Made extensive use of XSLT/XSL and XML to create the organization chart.
- Carried out Optimization Exercises (Header File Optimization) in C++
- Gained experience as DPA (Defect Prevention Analyst) and
CC (Configuration Controller) & PQA (Project Quality Analyst)