Energy Division United Nations ESCAP - Bangkok, Thailand
Working with the division and its engagement with GEIDCO and ACE with a view to promoting interconnection between ASEAN, China, and South-Asia. Assisting in the project which aims to integrate social and environmental issues into the planning process of infrastructure development to support transboundary power trade.
- Collecting historical regional data on emissions and air quality from the power sector of the region with a focus on ASEAN
- Analyzing the trends and identifying major factors influencing the changes in the context of ASEAN countries
- Identifying specific scenarios of the power sector and social development including electricity pricing structure
- Providing technical and policy guidance on energy issues related to connectivity, climate change, social benefits, and generation technologies
- Drafted a paper where memoranda of understanding and regional agreements are evaluated in terms of energy cooperation in Asia and the Pacific. Mapping the institutions that have benefited from them and how they influence the energy dynamics of their regions
- Using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to map high voltage transmission lines in the region to help analyze the potential for cross-border electric trade