Energy Division United Nations ESCAP - Bangkok, Thailand
Working with the division and its engagement with GEIDCO and ACE with a view to promote interconnection between ASEAN, China and South-Asia. Assisting in the project which aims to integrating social and environmental issues into the planning process of infrastructure development to support transboundary power trade.
- Collecting historical regional data on emissions and air quality from the power sector of the region with a focus on ASEAN
- Analyzing the trends and identifying major factors influencing the changes in the context of ASEANcountries
- Identifying specific scenarios of power sector and social development including electricity pricing structure
- Providing technical and policy guidance on energy issues related to connectivity, climate change, social benefits and generation technologies
- Drafting two reports for the division on harmonization for regional power trade and another on regional agreements and institutions that promote and regulate power trade
- Using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to map high voltage transmission lines in the region to help analyze the potential for cross-border electric trade