1986 - Present
- Manage all facets of operating a small, successful graphic design business specializing in informational multimedia vehicles, and publication design and production.
- Creation and marketing of multimedia products directed towards the travel, real estate, and civic development industries. Creation of multimedia tools for use in assisted living communities to promote greater interaction between residents and their family and friends, as well as therapeutic methods of testing and monitoring short-term memory.
- Coordination, design, and production of publication projects including The Wedge newspaper, an inner city newspaper with goals aimed at publicizing the value of this city neighborhood and its businesses. Other projects include a 36-page weekly tabloid, a 150 page marketing reference book, and city business directories.
- Using broad, unique skills, developed and marketed internet based, self-service and e-learning multimedia programs.
- Created original design for full color maps and community guides, full color newspaper advertisements, booklets, brochures, newsletters, and other assorted marketing materials.
Feb 2005 - Mar 2008
Internet Marketing Associate
- Development, implementation and use of online programs to facilitate the marketing and sale of real estate, promotion of company services, and improvement of communication via the internet with clients around the world.Instrumental in the accurate sharing of data between various websites via the use of XML data feeds and uploading of accurately structured property information to various automated posting services.
- Creation and maintenance of accurate product and marketing content across the company’s websites in order to maximize current and potential client communication and maximize ROI.
- Championing the documentation, review, consolidation and creation of streamlined processes in all phases of the product lifecycle and company workflows.
- Responsible for the continuation and improvement of GoodTenant.com, a website devoted to bringing landlords and their rental vacancies in contact with prospective tenants using the internet to greatly improve the delivery of accurate and in-depth property information to their market as well as giving property manager’s greater ability to screen potential tenants.
Apr 2000 - Oct 2002
Internet Marketing Analyst
- Implemented market awareness and demand generation activities in the consumer printer / copier arena including: affiliate marketing program; promotional contests; online shopping cart; management of product information on third party shopping pages; maintenance of Zoë/Creative Printing pages; and new E-Service program.
- Participated in the definition, planning, writing and implementation of market awareness campaign for Windows XP driver availability for consumer products - subsequently became the basis of a corporate-wide campaign for PC connected products.
- Managed communications and consistency of messages between the SOHO e-business group and Xerox corporate web site management, marketing teams, and other business groups ensuring alignment with corporate standards and strategic direction.
- Maintained content consistency, accuracy and product availability for the SOHO Employee Purchase Program. Planned and executed integrated demand generation programs which enabled the program to exceed $1M in sales in its initial year.
- Developed, implemented internet-based, self-service multimedia tools enabling customer self-sufficiency in product problem resolution. Program achieved over $300K in direct cost savings in its initial year and was subsequently adopted by European division. Responsible for all facets of product development including interfacing with subject matter experts, storyboarding, editing, digital photography, animation development, testing, and customer satisfaction tracking.
- Redesigned and improved the usability of the Xerox SOHO Canada web site. Enhanced the organization, selection, and presentation of content, and coordinated all necessary language translations. Implemented new features, e.g. product locator page and promotional program information. End result exceeded customer requirements in driving sharp increase in usage.
- Ensured optimum visibility and accuracy of product information on corporate web site.
- Implemented communications strategies regarding all new product information from multiple delivery teams into a clear, accurate, and readable format in compliance with corporate standards.
Sep 1997 - Apr 2000
Art Director/New Media Project Manager
- Acted as point of contact and director of all internet, interactive, and presentation projects handled by XSERV Creative Group.
- Directed the creation of information architecture, presentation concepts, prototypes, and conducted usability tests enabling intuitive online navigation systems which ensured positive user experiences in order to achieve customer objectives.
- Defined, supervised, and conceptualized print, presentation, and interactive projects requiring communication with clients, development of communications strategies, management of producers, development of budgets, definition of goals / timelines and the creation and management of external partnerships.
- Assisted in planning, development and presentation to senior management of a new integrated, division-wide, visual branding strategy focused on consistent visual identity of all division materials. Project was successfully adopted and implemented.
Nov 1994 - Sep 1997
Associate Graphic Designer
TAD Technical Services/Contracted to Xerox Corporation
- Provided graphic support and consultation to the Xerox research community – gathering, extracting, and synthesizing information involving new product development, public and employee relations, and other communications needs.
- Worked closely with Senior Management to communicate technical / strategic information by translating requirements to final output (presentations, written communication to employees, technical reviews.)
- Created and managed vendor relationships communicating client requirements to copywriters, printers, design studios, and other technical / creative resources ensuring all deliverables met quality, cost, and delivery requirements.