Senior Government Executive with demonstrated success in directing domestic and international National Airspace System service/facility operation and technology implementation.
Successfully negotiated Engineer & Architect labor contract with $300M contract term savings
Led 9500 services/facilities operation to best in FAA performance for 3 consecutive years.
- Agency system safety/performance goals exceeded for all years tracked.
Directed $1B in successful facility construction/transition projects on time and within budget.
- Honolulu Combined facility and sensitive Diamond Head restoration completed ahead of schedule.
- N.CA Terminal Radar Approach Control consolidated 5-facilities with no impact to aviation.
- Chicago Air Traffic Control/Terminal Radar Approach facilities transitioned with no air traffic delays.
Completed Micronesia air navigation facility construction and federalization (18 facilities).
- Successfully concluded 3-Government, interagency agreement for FAA facility support.
Adept Strategist who remains pragmatic and focused in dynamic and fluid environments.
- Innovative resource utilization maximized efficiency, improved operations with 9% less staffing.
- Embraced Collegiate Training Initiative to replace attrition and cut replacement labor costs 20%.
- Completed post-9/11 security accreditations at priority locations without impacting operations.
Visionary Leader who is decisive and results-oriented with track record of mission goal accomplishment.
- Reversed facility reliability decline to reduce air traffic delays from equipment by 75%.
- Led creation of safety program/office refurbishment that eliminated OSHA recordable violations.
- Successfully mentored/coached 4 employees to executive ranks in the past 5 years.
Change Catalyst with unique ability to assemble and integrate successful management team initiatives; and Accomplished Spokesperson adept at connecting with diverse audiences and effectively selling ideas.
- Realigned FAA’s regional operations organization (1200 employees) to reduce overhead 15%.
- Reorganized FAA’s facilities implementation organization (1100 employees) to focus resources.
- Developed IT outsourcing plan that, when fully implemented, will provide $8M annual savings.