M.B.A. in Finance, graduated with distinction and Beta Gamma Sigma honor. Experience in Hedge Fund of Funds, Investments, Energy Markets and Rocket Science. Strengths include working under highly stressful environment with a great ability of co-ordination. Detail Oriented. Posses a "go-getter" attitude. Seeking a challenging full-time position in which I can utilize my skills, education and previous work experiences.
Sep 2006 - Sep 2008
- Recipient - Lawrence Roman Scholarship awarded to only few students among 1500 students of Zarb School of Business.
- Dean's Scholarship Award - Hofstra University.
- Vice President - Hofstra Investment Banking Association.
- Graduate Representative - Dean's Curriculum and Standard's Committee
Jan 2000 - Jun 2004
Bachelor Of Science
Jan 2009 - Present
- Working as a consultant for a consulting firm for developing a financial application focussed on fixed income and equity trading.
- Liaised with IT and management team to ensure proper application development.
- Developed and designed the trading algorithms for fixed income platform and ensured its connectivity with live feeds from Bloomberg and Reuters.
May 2007 - Jan 2009
- Responsible for performing research on hedge fund managers. Performed various analysis on their structured products including loan level analysis, rating analysis, VaR analysis, prepayment modeling and roll rate analysis. These analysis are used as an important factor in determining the selection of CDO manager for firm's respective proprietary funds.
- Responsible for conducting research on originators and servicers. The results from this research are used in the portfolio construction process for Ivy's structured products.
- Responsible for developing and updating surveillance model for CDOs which is used as a top level snapshot while tracking performance of CDO both at tranche level and collateral level.
- Performed micro level loan analysis of each CDO to track underlying collateral performance and its impact on rating of each CDO. Used variety of statistical analysis.
- Helped develop white paper on Distressed Credit Fund.
- Liaised with Ivy's risk management and operational due diligence team to perform various quantitative analysis on current and prospective line up of hedge fund mangers.
- Worked closely with Managing Director of Investments Responsible for co-ordination and management of multiple channels of verbal and written communication, including marketing presentations and performance reporting.
- Responsible for the formulation and development of custom presentations and reports.
- Responsible to ad-hoc requests from clients for performance, holdings, and portfolio fund details and other investor relations functions.
- Responsible for preparing Request For Proposals (RFP) for prospective clients and consultants.
- Well Familiar and acquainted with various investment strategies like initial due diligence, operational due diligence, portfolio management, manager approval and performance tracking of managers for hedge fund of funds.
Jun 2008 - Sep 2008
Client Support Analyst (Financial)
- As an analyst performed various duties to conceptualize, analyze, and enhance Energy and Finance Software applications.
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting and debugging Electronic Trading and Risk Management applications.
- Have experience in doing excellent documentation on business requirements.
- As an analyst, I involved in various business operations and helped the organization to achieve satisfied customer service.
- Interacting with clients and business owners to extract and refine business requirements for the Openlink system.
- Interacting with development and QA teams to formulate detailed functional requirements and test cases.
- Coordinating deliverables and release schedules with PM. Authored extensive business and system documentation.
- Thoroughly documented business rules, functional rules, use cases, and system interfaces.
- Interacted heavily with SMEs to leverage their knowledge for project deliverables, including business analysts, business leads, tech leads, developers, users, and QA personnel.
Jun 2001 - May 2003
Asst. Portfolio Manager
Paras Coating Industries
- Developed a sound strategy for investing company's funds in the portfolio of bonds and stocks. Effectively managed company's various portfolios and generated positive returns over the period of three years.
- Evaluated financial risk, prepared financial forecasts, financing scenarios and other documents concerning capital management, and write reports and recommendations.
- Planned short- and long-term cash flows and assess financial performance.
- Analyzed investment projects.
- Advised on and participate in the financial aspects of contracts and calls for tender.
- Developed, implemented and used tools for managing and analyzing financial portfolio.
- Prepare a regular risk profile for debt portfolios.
- Assist in preparing operating and investment budgets.
- Collect financial and investment information about companies, stocks, bonds and other investments using daily stock and bond reports, economic forecasts, trading volumes, financial periodicals, securities