2007 - 2009
1990 - 1994
2012 - Present
Recruited to lead established economic development agency in a more focused and accountable direction. Developed and is currently executing a very aggressive marketing campaign and “Program of Work” to increase economic development activities that create awareness of Mercer County through media and community outreach. Strengthened the organization’s online and social media presence by use of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn sites. Market and promote agency owned industrial parks, manage a $2.5M revolving loan fund, and operate with a $600K budget and 4 staff members.
- Jumpstarted business-building efforts through effective strategies and programs.
- Established a new accountability-based culture, adjusted positions according to need, and created new policies to be mission successful.
- Created a very aggressive “Program of Work” designed to generate leads from clusters like: Business and Professional Service, Health Service, Manufacturing and Machine Technology, Logistics and Distribution, and Oil and Gas Industries.
- Created a short-term and long-term strategy that works with Oil and Gas Companies looking to expand into Pennsylvania for the Marcellus and Utica Gas Play.
- Working with companies like: Range Resources, Chesapeake, and Shell
- Generated 760 leads over the past year with 13 site visits and 8 new companies with over $46.1 million in capital investment and 461 new jobs.
- Assisted with the expansion of 9 local industries over the past year with over $60 million in capital investment and the creation/retention of over 540 jobs.
- Implemented an aggressive membership campaign that increased revenue by 50% over the past 2 years.
- Established board development practices and created new committees to better involve local leaders.
2005 - 2011
President and Chief Operating Officer
Regional business alliance focused on attracting business and tourism to NW PA National Heritage area.
Transformed an underperforming area through key strategies for developing competitive advantage. Recruited to lead newly formed organization created from consolidation of 4 separate agencies. Set strategic direction for economic development and tourism activities, and propel awareness of ORABIT through PR, social media and community outreach. Manage 3 industrial parks, $3.2M budget and 4 VP direct reports impacting 16 staff.
- Business Development. Filled 100% of vacant industrial park in 10 months, attracting companies that produced 200 new jobs.Provided unique financing solutions for local industry growth retaining/creating over 2,000 jobs for the region.
- Capital Projects. Attracted $60M in capital investment for the region and secured $350K for incumbent worker training.
- Financial Turnaround. Revitalized alliance’s financial position by increasing membership 400%, selling assets, and introducing cost controls. Reduced debt from $6M to $200K in 6 years, and increased annual income from $1M to $2.8M.
- Change Management. Led initiative to integrate staff from 4 formerly separate agencies. Established a new accountability-based culture, adjusted positions according to need, and created new policies.
- Branding. Delivered $3.2M in new tourism spending through strategic initiatives including obtaining Federal designation for region as a National Heritage Area.
- Revenue Generation. Personally raised $1M to fund ORABIT efforts, and led organization’s real estate investment project that produced 800% ROI in less than a year.
- Government Relations. Appointed in 2007 and 2009 by Gov. Ed Rendell to Governor’s Council on Rural Affairs. Selected for Gov. Tom Corbett’s Transition Team in 2010.
2004 - 2008
President and Chief Executive Officer
Consulting firm specializing in strategic planning, executive coaching and site location services.
Gained recognition as a thought leader and executive coach through consulting engagements and social media presence. Provided leadership development training for volunteer board members. Launched Twitter, Facebook, and blog sites for interactive communication with nonprofit and corporate leaders.
Randy P. Seitz and Associates dba CEO Struggles (continued)
- Economic Development. Retained 100 jobs and added 50 new jobs by helping local company secure $1M in grant funding and $200K in low-cost loans from community government.
- Negotiations. Influenced bus manufacturing company to locate facility in area, resulting in $15M community investment and 200 new jobs.
- Fundraising. Trained local YMCA board members in fund development and co-led effort that produced $60K for children’s programming.
2002 - 2004
President and Chief Executive Officer
US subsidiary of $80M Fritos Encanto de Monterrey, leading Mexican distributor of snack foods; 1,000 employees.
Launched company’s US operations and market entry, resulting in profitable sale after just 2 years. Held full strategic and P&L responsibility for subsidiary producing snack foods with authentic Mexican flavors, directing operations, sales, marketing, finance, and workforce development. Managed 2 VPs, CFO, COO and 2 regional managers.
- Revenue Growth. Grew company from zero to $3M before factory even opened by forging a productive agreement with DSD distributors. Annual revenues climbed to $12M in 2 years.
- Sales Performance. Achieved 6.5%increase in sales every month by developing network of independent DSD distributors to cultivate markets in CA, NM, TX, CO, NC and FL.
- Strategic Partnership. Convinced Coca-Cola executives to launch co-branded offers to consumers that increased sales in southwest area by 25% and captured consumers from Pepsi/Frito-Lay.
- Operational Leadership. Led construction of 45,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution facility, and established entire operational and sales infrastructure.
- M&A Activity. Positioned company as attractive acquisition target by achieving full profitability in just 2 years.
2001 - 2002
President and Chief Executive Officer
Economic development agency for city of Mission, TX with 5 employees and $1M budget.
Attracted high-profile companies and thousands of jobs through cost-effective programs. Established agency’s strategic plan and goals to achieve impressive economic development results. Developed marketing programs to sustain 100% occupancy of city’s industrial park.
- Branding. Led campaign to brand Mission as a tourist and industry gateway into Mexico.
- Project Management. Spearheaded construction of 100,000 sq. ft. logistics / distribution facility.
- Negotiations. Persuaded T-Mobile to fill empty 75,000 sq. ft. facility and create more than 1,000 new jobs.
1998 - 2001
Director of Economic Development
Chamber of commerce with $2.2M annual budget and 20 employees.
Slashed unemployment rate through successful economic development efforts. Generated marketing campaigns with powerful messages. Built and managed 3 industrial parks in city.
- Marketing. Recruited national companies such as Penkse Logistics, Panasonic, and Universal Lighting, and foreign companies including Encanto (Mexico) and Harmony Green (Japan). Attracted total of 27 new companies providing 10,000 jobs and $200M in investment.
- Strategic Partnership. Innovated cross-border collaboration with neighboring community in Mexico.
- Government Relations. Influenced building of inter-city bridge to improve travel and communications.
- Award. Received State of Texas award for success in bringing investments and jobs to southern Texas.
1995 - 1998
Summit Manufacturing/Dunkirk Industries
Doubled sales to $2M annually for fabricator of tube assemblies.
1993 - 1995
Supported economic development efforts with analyses of demographic and economic data.