- High School Graduate, Some college courses (Computer Related)
- Microsoft Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Network Administration Windows 2003/2000/NT4.0/NT3x server administration
Over ten years plus of experience in all phases of planning, installing, configuring, maintaining, and administering complex server farms including Windows 2000, Windows 2003, NT 4.0, and NT 3x servers in enterprise environments. Monitored system performance, system security on windows 2000 servers that serve as AD domain controllers, Managed Exchange 5.5, 2000 servers, SMS 2.0, SMS2003, ISA Servers, Proxy Servers, SQL 7.0/2000 servers, IIS 3x, 4x, 5x servers, Symantec Norton Anti Virus Corporate servers, File servers, special purpose, RAS, and application servers. Performed administration tasks such as user account management, user profiles management including roaming profiles, Group Policy Object management at several different locations, and organizations.
SMS 1.2, 2.0, 2003, SCCM2007 Configuration/Administration
Eight years experience in designing, configuring, and implementing SMS server sites in the enterprise environment, including software and hardware inventory, reports, Wake-On-LAN for distributing applications at night, and troubleshooting client using Remote Control, and repackaging software using multiple methods such as Install shield.
Windows 2000, 2003 Active Directory (AD) Implementation
Participated in migrations from Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000, and 2003 Active Directories. Nine years experience in planning, designing, and implementing organizational unit structures and site hierarchy's. Implemented group policies (GPO) for centralized management of the user and computer configurations for both workstations, and servers. Have managed AD replication links worldwide.
Over 10 years in-depth experience on workstation, server evaluation, configuration, and implementation. Stackum & Rackum over 500 servers. Responsible for hardware evaluations to provide organizations with the most value for their I.T. dollar. The process included benchmarking various hardware platforms, configuring, and testing with applications in use for compatibility and performance. Have administered a verity of hardware platforms including Tape Backup libraries of all types, and sizes using standard software, and NDMP software, Servers of all types, RAID arrays.
Basic Linux experience on OpenSuse, Ubuntu, Cent OS, Busybox. I have built several production servers for special purposes based on the Linux OS. These servers include SMTP relays, Spam detection servers, Time servers, firewalls based on the Endian firewall distribution.
NT4, W2k, XP, Vista migrations using a verity of methods. Develop and configure standard images for workstations, and servers using Ghost imaging software. Coordinate application compatibility testing. Used PC Transplant, and other tools to define, migrate user settings to the new machines. Software re-packaging/Distribution using a verity of methods (SMS20, Script, Schedule service, Install shield, etc)
- Secret - Current
- NAC-Public Trust
- Government 6-C
Feb 2009 - Present
90 Day contract
Currently I am on location at Department of the Treasury for 90 day support contract. Currently I am supporting SMS2003 and SCCM2007 for the purposes of automating over 200 application installations to nearly 3000 workstations. Also supporting WSUS server, and acting as consultant for Group Policy Objects for the purpose of implementing FDCC settings. Current SMS installation supports approx 1200 clients, both Workstation, and Server. SMS clients are dispersed nationwide. Current tasks include:
- Build, code SMS packages
- Deploy update packages in timely fashion
- Deploy Applications such as Microsoft Office, SAS, AutoCad 2008, Adobe, etc
- Maintain current SMS Servers including SQL database, Distribution points, and Monitor client health for all SMS clients. Including all Hardware
- Patch remediation using WSUS 3.0
- Remediate security flaws.
- Create, Test, Deploy new Group Policy Objects
- Test, Deploy FDCC settings
Jan 2008 - Feb 2009
Supporting several government offices and Private companies in the Washington DC area. Originally contracted to support SMS2003, SCCCM2007 my duties quickly grew to supporting a much wider scope due to my extensive server experience. I found myself in the role of a level 3 troubleshooter for issues such as Domain Controller replication problems, Windows XP deployment configurations, and application deployments.
- Level 3 Server support
- ITMU support for SMS2003
- Active Directory Group Policy Configuration
- Server Monitoring using Spotlight
- Configuring Backups
- Writing Documentation, Server configurations
- Application deployments including Office 2007
- Scan computers for security flaws using Nessus
- Patch remediation using WSUS servers.
- Remediate security flaws.
- Apply STIGS, IAVA's
Jan 2007 - Jan 2008
I am currently on assignment at a government facility. I am a systems engineer at this location. I was originally hired at this location as a Windows Active Directory resource. At this location, I am also in charge of migrating a server farm from this organizations old building to their new building. This task also includes installing new Ethernet cables in the new server room, planning, and implementing new server Rack layouts.
- Level III helpdesk support of Windows 2000, and XP workstations
- Logging all tickets in the Heat system
- Patching servers with WSUS patch distribution system
- Provide server administration for a server farm that consists of 30 servers.
- Assisting Network engineers with LAN WAN problems, and providing input pertaining to best configuration (Location, and number of VLANS)
- Building Server images for new Dell server systems, and Windows XP workstations
- Server Hardware support, Dell 2950, 2970, SC1435 servers
- Manage server infrastructure using Dell OpenManage
- Migrating servers from one physical location to a new physical location
Feb 2006 - Nov 2006
Systems Engineer/Network Engineer
Technical Management Resource Inc.
I am currently on assignment at an undisclosed United States Government Facility. My Primary task is to automate OS deployments, software installs, patch management, Install and configure two Active\Passive Exchange 2003 backend clusters for evaluation purposes by the enterprise mail team, and to prepare servers for use by application developers in an application hosting branch environment consisting of 80 windows servers. The hardware platform chosen for this environment was IBM blade servers using Hitachi Tagma Store as a storage device, and McData 6140 Data directors for managing SAN fabric. My secondary responsibilities were to evaluate Active Directory configuration, and to make improvements were applicable for the purpose of enhancing performance, and providing stronger security by implementing high security Group Policies on Organizational Units, and by using other methods. I was also to evaluate, and to implement a server monitoring application. The two applications evaluated were BMC Patrol, and Microsoft MOM 2005. I finished the evaluation, and provided a report to government personnel. These tasks were completed ahead of schedule.
- Assist network engineers is configuring SAN attached storage to servers
- Assist application developers in configuring servers for production
- Software distribution using SMS 2003
- Server monitoring using Microsoft MOM 2005
- Patch management using WSUS server
- Provides patch level reports to government
- Automates software application distribution (SQL, IIS, Antivirus, etc)
- Writes SOP's, and provides SOP's to government
- Train personnel
Jun 2004 - Jan 2006
Senior Systems Engineer
I am currently on assignment in the Washington D.C. area at a U.S. Government facility. I was originally assigned to this location to implement Microsoft SMS 2.0 for deploying Microsoft Security, and Office updates to 800 workstations for a two-week period. The basic SMS implementation project was completed ahead of schedule, and I am now the full time SMS administrator among my other duties. I am in a position where I am a senior level systems engineer and one of the two lead troubleshooters on the NIPER network at this location. My duties range from Exchange administration to data storage, and everything in between. I am responsible for creating, and validating all system configurations on the workstation, and all of the server configurations before they go into production. I am the lead engineer in charge implementing a 9-terabyte SAN/NAS solution using a Netapp 900 series filer. This system when fully implemented will be used as Network attached storage and a SAN solution simultaneously by using iSCSI technology, protocols, and using the metadata controller functions of the Netapp filer.
- Responsible for distributing all software, software updates to workstations, and servers using SMS 2.0, Norton SAV 9, Install shield to repackage, and distribute.
- Responsible for creating a standard workstation, and Server Image for deployment to 800 workstations, and 40 servers in order to standardize the workstation, and server environment (Windows XP Pro, Windows 2003)
- Responsible for rebuilding a deficient server backup infrastructure, by rebuilding backup servers, and implementing Backup Exec 9.1 utilizing three Dell Powervault tape library's, and one Spectralogic 200 tape library. Also developed new backup scheme, and developed new standard backup, restore procedures (SOP's)
- Responsible for Designing SMS Architecture to support 600 nodes with three Remote Sites. Using Primary\Child site artchecture
- Developed new workstation policies, and security model.
- Currently implementing a nine-terabyte SAN/NAS solution utilizing equipment from Network Appliance (NETAPPS) using iSCSI technology.
- Migrating entire Compaq server fleet to Dell Server equipment (40 servers).
- Currently migrating SMS2.0 to SMS2003.
- In charge of DNS, WINS, SMS, ISA, SNORT IDS, Backup servers.
Mar 2001 - Mar 2004
Advanced Systems International Inc.
I am currently on assignment at the Headquarters building of the International Monetary Fund in Washington D.C. where I am on a systems integration team. I am on a team of 8. Our team is in charge of the development and deployment of Windows XP-Professional desktop configuration (Workstation Image) to 5000 workstations worldwide. In addition, I am In charge of developing the security model for the workstation. My day-to-day duties include developing, testing Group Policy settings (GPO's) for deployment in the Active Directory. In addition, I am tasked with evaluating new software-hardware, repackaging software. I also assist developers to integrate their applications into the standard desktop image, testing repackaged software, deploying repackaged software through SMS 2.0.
- ISA server (Proxy Server) server deployment scenarios
- Microsoft Remote Access (VPN-L2TP) technology and deployment scenarios
- Evaluating Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies
- Alternative software deployment packages such as Novadine, Marimba
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) deployment scenarios
- Implementing Server security policies (GPO's) in order to harden LAN
- SMS Management.
Sep 1996 - Feb 2001
Senior Systems Engineer
I am currently assigned to The United States Coast Guard Headquarters in Washington D.C. I Was the team leader for the Server Operations Team on a 2700 user LAN. I am a senior systems engineer. My duties included managing all aspects of the USCG headquarters server farm. Also in charge of creating architecture, and implementation plan for 8 terabyte fiber channel arbitrated loop SAN solution using Infortrend controllers, and Gadzoox SAN switches, and In addition I was the primary engineer in charge of, but not limited to:
- Deployment of new server equipment
- Repairing deployed server equipment (All Related Hardware)
- Insuring all servers backed on a daily basis
- In charge of disaster recovery (SQL, Exchange, IIS, SMS, User data)
- SMS 20 Administrator
- Architect, and administrator of the USCG 8 terabyte Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Responsible for migrating Unisys ALT servers to Compaq ML, DL series servers.
- Responsible for creating the USCG standard Sever image
- Responsible for managing user disk space quotas
- Responsible for migrating all NT4 servers to the Windows 2000 operating system