Highly accomplished business development and general management professional combines MBA with advanced management training and high-level strategic planning program training at prestigious institutions like IPADE and the Wharton School. Results-oriented, decisive leader, with proven experience designing and implementing strategies to drive corporate financial results. Adept at cultivating relationships with C-level executives, corporate decision makers, high-ranking government officials, regulatory agencies, and strategic partners. Proficient at negotiating win–win agreements as well as at devising innovative product and service offerings. Possess status as both Mexican and Spanish Citizen; fluent in English and Spanish.
Aug 2008 - Present
ICG Latam Reengineering Head
In charge of accomplishing savings in the amount of US$380 million by revising processes, products and services. Main responsibility is to align the operation of the Brokerage House, the Treasury and the Corporate and Investment Bank.
Jan 2004 - Aug 2008
COO Corporate and Investment Bank
Craft and execute high-level business strategies to improve financial strength and business performance. Lead treasury and trade solution activities, including cash management, electronic banking, payment systems, and other cutting-edge technologies. Oversee asset-backed financial transactions valued at more than $230M annually and continue to direct corporate and investment banking operations. Spearhead corporate quality programs to drive process improvement and cost savings.
- Fueled sales growth by developing branded product offerings for both the commercial and the consumer banking divisions.
- Grew team of product specialists and sales professionals to 67, eclipsing $3.4B in deposits and $1.4B in assets under management.
Oversaw all facets of corporate and investment banking operations across Mexico, including P&L management, strategic planning, and goal alignment. Collaborated with Corporate Director to forge and manage relationships with crucial client accounts and government representatives. Managed engagements with internal auditors, with the National Banking & Valued Commission (CNBV), and with the Federal Reserve.
- Orchestrated 5-year revenue growth of more than 4-fold, from $150M to $630M with commensurate improvement in net income of 122%.
- Founded the Council of Multinational Companies in Mexico, which included members like Wal-Mart, Siemens, HP, Nestle, BP, Pepsico, and Chrysler, representing over 60% of all foreign-direct investment, to share best practices as well as to influence legislation and regulation to improve Mexico’s competitive positioning in the global market.
Dec 2001 - Dec 2003
Chief of Staff
Selected to orchestrate integration and growth strategies for ongoing merger of Citibank and Banamex operations, forming the country’s largest and most formidable Corporate and Investment Bank. Oversaw team of 152 financial and operations professionals spanning 5 business units to establish key corporate initiatives and to cultivate relationships with major clientele, government officials, and community organizations.
- Crafted comprehensive change management and expansion strategy that delivered nearly 2.5-fold increase in sales over 3 years, from $180M to $430M.
Jul 1997 - Nov 2001
Credit Administration and Risk Control Unit Vice President
Directed 25-person team in evaluation and management of corporate credit activities, ensuring portfolio quality and integrity. Oversaw cash disbursement functions for regional operation. Ascertained risks to develop credit recommendations on corporate accounts.
- Spearheaded unification of Citibank and Banamex corporate credit portfolio valued at $42B.
- Instituted process improvement initiative that reduced defects in disbursements by 82%.
- Conducted audit reviews in different countries across Latin America
Apr 2006 - Present
Strategic Thinking & Management for Competitive Advantage
Strategy Fromulation and Business Planning, Creating and Sustaining a Competitive Advantage, Strategy Under Uncertainty, Options Reasoning, Corporate Growth Via Acquisitions, Vision and Focus for Service Strategy, Issues in Implementing Strategy and Hypercompetition
Oct 2007 - Jun 2008
Advanced Management Program
A program to challenge outdated assumptions, build on core functional competencies, shift to new leadership paradigms and behaviors, understand and contribute to a discussion of emerging business issues in Mexico and key parts of the world, assess personal leadership advantage and develop skills to execute strategies