Sr. Manager, Infrastructure
HBO Latin American Group
- Management of the team of Engineers and Systems Analysts that are responsible for keeping the HBO GO, HBO VOD, and the Cinemax GO platforms up and running 24/7/365. My team is also responsible for all customer facing websites, and corporate based systems. This also includes all phases of implementation, maintenance and support.
- Responsibilities include: project management, supervising and mentoring engineers, provide advanced level support for all systems. We are the team that handles all escalations and outages.
- The team consists of engineers and systems analysts supporting the following technologies: Oracle; MySQL; MS-SQL; NO SQL; Linux; Windows.
- Support and maintenance of all vMware Clusters across Latin American region.
Support and maintain all data centers operational 24/7/365, currently utilize 7 data centers spread across South Florida and Latin America.
- Support and maintain over 1,000 servers and over 12 petabytes of content (combined virtual and bare metal servers).
- Deployment of HBO GO platform for 40 counties in the LATAM & Caribbean region (consisted of two four node SQL2016 clusters and 200+ IIS server farm with auto-failover and availability group replication across two data centers)
- Created official deployment procedures, support playbook and guidelines for the HBO GO platform
- Implemented Cinemax GO backup platform
- Implemented all SOX readiness procedures that are currently in-place
- Implemented web based IT portal to centralize all Infrastructure related tools and documentation
- Created departmental policies and procedures currently in-place
- Worked with IT Security Officer to develop BC and DR strategy
- Managed vendor relationships and created new alliances as needed
- Implemented new backup scheme for corporate and all regional offices