An astute and assiduous professional with 5 yrs of technical expertise in pre-commissioning, commissioning, start -up, fabrication , construction and installation supervision, project control, and vessel operation.
May 2009 - Present
Mechanical Commissioning Engineer
YANTAI RAFFLES SHIPYARD
- Plan, co-ordinate, control and prepare specifications, procedure for pre-commissioning and commissioning activities on all allocated projects.
- Perform technical tasks assigned by the Commissioning Manager, related to the preparation and execution of the pre-commissioning, commissioning and startup activities. Interface with engineering disciplines, construction personnel, vendors and subcontractors.
- Review the project technical documentation and the contractual requirements.
- Define commissioning work packages and prepare the relevant procedures with the assistance of discipline engineers.
- Prepares the commissioning dossiers.
- Coordinate activities of vendor representatives and subcontractors.
- Significant knowledge in application of the classification rules and Codes as required.
- Preparation of Engineering and technical documents as required for project progress.
- Preparing the Detailed, Commissioning procedures, manuals and check lists for Commissioning.
- Review the issued engineering drawings and P&ID to verify its compliances with requirements.
- To carry out routine site inspection and oversee the construction, fabrication and installations
- Interacting and coordinating with design department in incorporating design changes based as on site.
- Fixing tagging philosophy for different systems by tag groups & updating in internal database.
- Review and update mechanical drawings for any construction changes.
- Planning and scheduling the project Key commissioning activities and mile stones.
- Co-ordinates all engineering activities related to pre-commissioning & commissioning activities.
- Review the Project's documents e.g. as-built drawing packages and QA/QC documents, etc., to ensure that they are delivered as requirement in project specification.
- To carry out FAT for purchased items and prepare necessary documentation for it.
Mar 2008 - Mar 2009
Mechanical Installation and Commissioning Engineer
NEW VISION MARINE AND OFFSHORE ENGINEERING
- Lead the preparation and execution of the pre-commissioning, commissioning and startup activities in accordance with contractual requirements and project objectives.
- Review engineering documents to insure that the commissioning & startup requirements are accounted for in the design.
- Supervise the mechanical installation of marine machinery and equipments to ensure it follows as required in the vendor manuals, yard installation drawings and commissioning requirements.
- Prepare and keep up-to-date the pre-commissioning and commissioning execution plans.
- Involved and supervised the preparation of the pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures.
- Preparation of the performance test procedures and the operating manuals.
- Prepare the commissioning progress reports to the project management and to the commissioning department.
- Liaise, consult and coordinate with all Supervisors to incorporate relevant information that will affect the implementation of the project milestone.
- Ensure that the project's planning and scheduling requirements for commissioning are properly and clearly communicated with various departments and implemented.
- Monitor progress measurement is properly applied and information flow is correct and complete.
- Coordinate, during the execution phase, and update Project Control System ensuring it works effectively and commissioning Status is soundly assessed and reported.
- Liaise with all operations process and support teams to identify and work scope that will reduce field operating costs and improve process efficiency.
- Ensure safe execution of all commissioning activities through the application of the work permit procedure.
- Perform critical pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
Nov 2006 - Feb 2008
Mechanical Commissioning Engineer
- Lead the team of assistants or foreman in exploiting the procedure prepared for the project
- Attend meetings with Client regarding to discuss the problems arising from pre-commissioning and commissioning activities during execution.
- Organize and maintain the best integration to control functions ensuring that any activity is carefully planned and controlled in terms of time, budget and scope of work.
- Evaluate level of effort required and in areas, the roles and responsibilities in the project team or external interfaces are involved in supporting the control activities. Establish the resources and organization (skills, manpower, and list of tools and procedures applicable, communications) needed to achieve the control strategy.
- Evaluate the Risk analysis ensuring appropriate strategies is planned well ahead of the problem occurrence reducing the incidence of surprises.
- Organize and coordinate the risk assessment/ review meetings, In order to ensure risks and opportunities are monitored and mitigation actions are implemented
- Ensures that fabrication, assembly and maintenance activities are performed in accordance with the set quality and time objectives in order to reach the best possible technical and economic results. Ensures correct use of the internal and external resources to carry out production activities.
- Ensures that welding activities and non-destructive controls are carried out according to job order technical procedures and specifications.
- Troubleshoot any problems occurred during construction/fabrication and pre-commissioning phases and provide solutions/ suggestion to contractors as appropriate.
- Assist in carrying out hydro, pneumatic test, system flushing and inboard commissioning tests.
- Monitor and appraise contractor's performance and recommend corrective action to be taken where deficiencies are detected; verify actions are taken.
- Organize and prioritize key activities based on screening economics and determine the required resources for implementation.
Feb 2004 - Sep 2006
Marine watch keeping Engineer
EAGLE SHIP MANAGEMENT PVT LTD
- To ensure that all maintenance work is performed safely, and in accordance with statutory and company regulations and good engineering practice.
- Hands on experience in operation, maintenance ,troubleshooting of ships marine systems
- Independent watch keeper full in charge of engine room operation and cargo discharge.
- Analyzed and identified the most adaptable approach in executing, troubleshooting to cut down on breakdown time and Carrying out major overhauling activities as planned on board ships
- Tracking daily breakdowns and participating in implementation of maintenance systems for tackling day to day problems to improve the efficiency of the plant.
- Identifying areas of improvement and recommending maintenance plan and equipment calibrations to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Scheduling and implementing ,upgrading of predictive/preventive maintenance solutions
- In charge to carry of routine maintenance of shipboard fire fighting and safety systems.
- Preparing and assisting in carrying out ship dry-docking.
- Monitoring of machinery to ensure efficient operation, to minimize fuel and oil consumption and to ensure maximum availability of machinery at all times.
- Ensuring that watch keeping junior engineers carries out their duties efficiently and effectively and that they receive appropriate familiarization and instructions.
- Ensuring that the Machinery Log Book is appropriately completed and maintained up to date and ensuring that machinery manuals and drawings are maintained.
- Ensuring that all machinery is in a safe condition and operated in a safe manner, and that all operations are carried out according to correct and safe procedures.
- Participating as a member of the Vessel Safety Committee.