- 2013 Spring Meeting of the Rio Grande Chapter of ASPRS, Las Cruces, New Mexico, 2nd place poster presentation on Participatory Mapping and Environmental Justice within the Navajo Nation
- 2013 Graduate Research and Arts Symposium, Las Cruces, New Mexico - Presenter, Participatory Mapping and Environmental Justice with the Navajo Nation
- 2011 EPA Apps for the Environment, Washington, D.C., Presented and awarded Runner-up best App for Participatory Mapping and Environmental Justice: Supporting Grassroots Organizations of the Navajo Nation.
Aug 2012 - Present
- Instructed students in physical geography lab
- Prepared and guided students in fundamentals of Geographic Information Systems lab
- Reviewed and commented on exams
Oct 2011 - Jul 2012
- Oversaw 15-20 employees on four production lines producing aerospace components
- Maintained accountability and traceability on documents per ISO 9001 standards
- Communicated production information between Planning, Production Management, Customer Service, Quality Assurance, and Shipping Departments
- Conducted daily information meetings for workers and management
- Member of Material Review Board process change committee
- Member of Safety Committee
Jun 2010 - Aug 2011
Volunteer Water Quality Monitor
- Oversaw high school students retrieving water samples from Schell Creek in Ferndale, Washington.
- Coordinated between City of Ferndale water treatment facility, Windward High School students, and Nooksack Salmon Enhancement Association for monthly sampling.
- Removed invasive flora and planted native species along streams and creeks.
Apr 2009 - Jul 2011
- Inspected outgoing Pepsi products for order accuracy.
- Prepared product for shipment to stores in Whatcom, Skagit and Island Counties.
- Operated forklift and pallet jack to back fill product load lines.
Jul 2005 - Mar 2009
- Directed small crew producing custom timber-frame structures.
- Performed skilled shop operations on various multi-million dollar timber projects.
- Trained incoming employees in basic shop operations.
May 2001 - Jun 2005
- Maintained continuous operation of polypropylene film line.
- Troubleshot product and line quality issues.
- Minimized line downtime by preparing for material changeovers.
Aug 2012 - Present
Master of Applied Geograhpy
Sep 2009 - Aug 2011
Jun 2008 - Aug 2009
Associate of Arts and Science