Contribute to building the team and create lasting relationships with insightful people who have the desire, aptitude and capacity to advance the goals of the stakeholders.
Fluent in Spanish (pre-high school education in Mexico). Early education and experience in Commercial Real Estate Development; licensed 1978 in General Engineering / Civil (California Contractor No. A352486)
Mr. R. P. Mick is a 35 year veteran of the Real Estate Development and Construction industries. Educated at Pace University in Computer Technology, Palomar College in Business Administration, West field State in Construction Management, the Jefferson Institute in Business Planning and Operations, and having been licensed as a General Engineering and General Building Contractor in states throughout New England as well as New York and California, Mr. Mick brings the invaluable expertise of decades in the construction and management of larger mixed use developments; commercial properties, shopping centers, national flag hotels, and multifamily complexes.
- Innovative Problem Solving Skills: Business development, start-up project construction and marketing consulting in a variety of industries including hospitality-hotel/restaurant, larger apartment complex management, in-depth knowledge and experience with real estate development, oversight of architecture and engineering disciplines including civil, structural, mechanical. Highly qualified in a large variety of software programs, internet/web hosting/cloud platform services, communications integration systems and graphic design.
- Oversight of all Property Management functions for Commercial and Multifamily:Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, tax credits, rent collection, eviction, EHO, FEOH, ADA, building codes, landlord/tenant negotiations, security accounts requirements, lead paint laws, utility company negotiations, accounts receivable/payable, special services
- Oversight of all construction trades: General Engineering/Sitework, Concrete/Paving, Site Utilities, CIP Concrete, Structural Steel, Structural/Architectural Precast Concrete Panels, Masonry and Wood Frame all finishes including exterior claddings, curtain walls, EIFS/DAFS and corporate/ municipal/residential interiors.
- Administration of quality control programs in maintaining compliance with plans, operating procedures & sound field operations.
- Coordination of the designers: architects/engineers/to ensure execution of project purposes, functions & intentions and to maintain budgetary constraints.
- Analysis and interpretation of plans, prepare scopes of work, calculate quantities of materials needed and estimate costs of production. Decades of experience in computer sciences and programs such as MS Office, Primavera
- Decades of experience effectively interacting with clients, subcontractors and employees by means of extensive communication, presentation and personnel management skills.
- Coordinate supply of labor, materials and subcontractors to ensure standards of building performance, quality, cost schedules and safety are met.
- Control preparation of RFI’s, RFP’s, PCO’s, cost estimates and documentation for bids, submittal and chart scheduling, evaluate project funding requests and progress payments by assessment of completed work.
- Create and assess plans and specifications; negotiate contracts with owners, subcontractors and vendors.
- Organization, management of construction sites, direction of site administration; superintendents and engineers.
- Hands-on project management style: such as for the pre-construction workon the $46+ million Greenwich, CT Public Safety Complex (50,000sf Police Station / Parking Garage). Direct oversight of construction of several national hotel chain facilities including Marriot Residence Inns, Fairfield Inns and Hampton Inns, mill conversions to apartments/condos and retail/shop space, retail shopping centers (including restaurants and T.I.), health centers, medical buildings, office buildings (including high quality corporate interiors), and large multi-story / multi-building complexes.
2007 - Present
General Managing Principal
Companies also include Ecolific Technologies LLC, Abide Building Component Systems (Abide Systems) LTD. Oversight of all project estimating, buyout and construction of all scopes of work for commercial buildings, shopping centers, theaters & multifamily projects. In addition to other positions and joint ventures indicated hereafter, there are these recent accomplishments:
- Currently engaged in the preconstruction planning and development of multi-use projects in White Plains and Dobbs Ferry, New York totaling over 1 million square feet of including over 250,000 square feet fo national retailers, a Sundance Cimena Multiplex, Hilton hotels, senior housing, assisted living - and market rate apartment complexes with nearly 400 dwelling units.
- Planned and executed the reconstruction of a 10+ acre, 110,000+ SF shopping center, including obtaining all state and municipal approvals, entire site redesign including oversight of all engineering and architectural details, while overseeing construction of several other smaller projects, including various high quality corporate interiors and tenant improvement projects.
- Concurrently with numerous other smaller unrelated projects, developed feasibility studies, preconstruction plans, processed for project approvals, developed financial models, marketing plans and financing documentation for:
- 26+ million, 226 unit apartment complex in Middletown, CT (Windshire Terrace)'
- 14+ million, 103 unit apartment complex in Dover, NH (Windshire Gardens)
- 4+ million, 26,000 SF medical office building in Dover, NH (Royal Commons)
- 2+ million Merrimac, MA 16 unit apartment complex
2001 - 2006
Senior Project Manager
Cormier Properties / Yvon Cormier Construction, Inc.
Planned and executed construction of a variety of projects, including the turnaround and complete rehabilitation of a derelict shopping center - Fairfield Plaza in Brattleboro, VT - and converting into the darling spot of the city - the "Royal Square". Provided preconstruction and other real estate development advisory services, including feasibility studies, planning oversight & funding documentation for Windshire Gardens - a 120 unit apartment complex in New Hampshire as well as for numerous other projects.
Cormier Properties ceased expansion of real estate development in 2006 amid concerns of downward economic trends region-wide, and the company began liquidating a wide variety of real estate assets. This strategy proved to be very wise; instead of losing million on declining real estate values substantial profits were realized.
1997 - 2001
President, Chief Operations Officer
Crescendo of New England
Planned and executed construction of a $26 million, 226 unit apartment complex in Middletown, CT (Windshire Terrace; successfully completed and leased out in less than 2 years). Other projects include Aviara in Sherman, CT a 3 lot subdivision of $1 million+ homes, the $22 million Steeplegate 45 lot subdivision of $400K+ homes in Middletown, CT. Provided preconstruction advisory services, including feasibility studies, planning oversight & funding documentation for the $32 million Derry Meadows Shopping Center amongst numerous other projects.
1986 - 1996
Atlantic Cascade Corp. / Builders Edge Contracting, LLC
General Contractor, Real Estate Developer, Structural Framing & Finish contractor; building shopping centers, hotels, condos & apartment projects from Hamburg, NJ to New London, CT.
- Managed these companies, including all P&L functions; annual sales of over $16 million, with over 160 workers including carpenters, equipment operators and laborers.
- Personally supervised structural framing, installation of windows and doors, exterior trim and siding, insulation and drywall, stairs, interior trim etc. on thousands of apartment, condominium and hotel units, municipal and commercial buildings; on up to a dozen different larger projects simultaneously.
1974 - Present
Accounting, Drafting and Business Administration
1976 - Present
California Contractors License School
California Contractors License in General Engineering (1978-82)
1981 - Present
1982 - Present
AGC/CMAA Certificate Program
AGC / CMAA 42 hour certification program
1987 - Present
Business and Marketing Plan development / via Howard Rush: 50 hour intensive training course
1996 - Present
Construction Management and Administration / Building Inspection / 10 hour OSHA Training
2005 - Present
Certificate via Thompson Prometrics / MA Construction Supervisor License program
Construction: Business Planning & Development
New EIFS / Skin
Another Retail Job
Dining Room view
Progress @ 9 months
Interior of Fit-up