Mr. R. P. Mick is a 35 year veteran of the Real Estate Development and Construction industries. Educated at Pace University in Computer Technology, Palomar College in Business Administration, West field State in Construction Management, the Jefferson Institute in Business Planning and Operations, and having been licensed as a General Engineering and General Building Contractor in states throughout New England as well as New York and California, Mr. Mick brings the invaluable expertise of decades in the construction and management of larger mixed use developments; commercial properties, shopping centers, national flag hotels, and multifamily complexes.
- Innovative Problem Solving Skills: Business development, start-up project construction and marketing consulting in a variety of industries including hospitality-hotel/restaurant, larger apartment complex management, in-depth knowledge and experience with real estate development, oversight of architecture and engineering disciplines including civil, structural, mechanical. Highly qualified in a large variety of software programs, internet/web hosting/cloud platform services, communications integration systems and graphic design.
- Oversight of all Property Management functions for Commercial and Multifamily:Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, tax credits, rent collection, eviction, EHO, FEOH, ADA, building codes, landlord/tenant negotiations, security accounts requirements, lead paint laws, utility company negotiations, accounts receivable/payable, special services
- Oversight of all construction trades: General Engineering/Sitework, Concrete/Paving, Site Utilities, CIP Concrete, Structural Steel, Structural/Architectural Precast Concrete Panels, Masonry and Wood Frame all finishes including exterior claddings, curtain walls, EIFS/DAFS and corporate/ municipal/residential interiors.
- Administration of quality control programs in maintaining compliance with plans, operating procedures & sound field operations.
- Coordination of the designers: architects/engineers/to ensure execution of project purposes, functions & intentions and to maintain budgetary constraints.
- Analysis and interpretation of plans, prepare scopes of work, calculate quantities of materials needed and estimate costs of production. Decades of experience in computer sciences and programs such as MS Office, Primavera
- Decades of experience effectively interacting with clients, subcontractors and employees by means of extensive communication, presentation and personnel management skills.
- Coordinate supply of labor, materials and subcontractors to ensure standards of building performance, quality, cost schedules and safety are met.
- Control preparation of RFI’s, RFP’s, PCO’s, cost estimates and documentation for bids, submittal and chart scheduling, evaluate project funding requests and progress payments by assessment of completed work.
- Create and assess plans and specifications; negotiate contracts with owners, subcontractors and vendors.
- Organization, management of construction sites, direction of site administration; superintendents and engineers.
- Hands-on project management style: such as for the pre-construction workon the $46+ million Greenwich, CT Public Safety Complex (50,000sf Police Station / Parking Garage). Direct oversight of construction of several national hotel chain facilities including Marriot Residence Inns, Fairfield Inns and Hampton Inns, mill conversions to apartments/condos and retail/shop space, retail shopping centers (including restaurants and T.I.), health centers, medical buildings, office buildings (including high quality corporate interiors), and large multi-story / multi-building complexes.