Spanish Teacher; Technology Mentor
Glenbard Township High School District 87
- Design and present interactive Spanish language lessons in the target language.
- Implement Cooperative Learning, Project CRISS and Understanding by Design strategies in the classroom.
- Integrate technology in the classroom such as interactive whiteboard activities, classroom performance systems, and other Web2.0 technologies.
- Serve as liaison between the Foreign Language department and the Technology Purchasing Committee to discuss school-wide distribution of technology budget.
- Serve as technology mentor to faculty seeking to implement interactive technologies in the classroom.
- Direct the extracurricular Men's A Cappella Choir.
- Served as on the Spanish 1, Spanish 2 and Spanish 3 curriculum articulation committees.
- Presented interactive technology lessons at the 2009, 2010, and 2011 District Wide Institute Day.
- Led the development and communication of the 2008, 2009 and 2010 student summer-work curricula.
- Served on the Textbook Selection Committee for the Glenbard North Spanish program.
- Coached Freshman Boys and Junior Varsity Girls soccer teams.