Interactive PDF showcasing a regional network of communications professionals.
Monthly Newsletter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Maryland Chapter.
Website designed to serve the Crofton community with a current and centralized online resource of businesses, civic organizations, events, news, people and more.
"Before" vs. "After" of a retouched photo. In addition to color density adjustments, note balcony contents.
Sep 1985 - May 1989
Instructional and Graphic Design professional backed by degree in education and 25 years industry experience. Instructional Design includes soft skills and technical aptitudes in both academic and corporate settings. Professional strengths enable assessment of corporate goals to professionally implement a cohesive learning plan from needs analysis through evaluation. Graphic Design expertise encompasses the conventional-to-digital transition. Proficient production capabilities from data entry through press inspection.
Microsoft Office Suite
Adobe Creative Suite
Jan 2005 - Present
Includes design, marketing, project management, sales, and production for a community-based online portal to businesses, civic organizations, events, news, and people;
May 1999 - Present
Above & Beyond Communications
Client List: • Anne Arundel Community College
• Anne Arundel County Public Schools
• Creative Logistic Solutions
• Digilink, Inc.
• Fuji Film
• Giant Food
• Immedia Printing & Imaging
• Maryland Pennysaver Group
• Merrick-Towle Communications
• National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Maryland Chapter
• NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
• Obear Tax Accounting
• ReMax Vision
• Smithsonian Magazine and Smithsonian Travel
• Spina Bifida Association of America
Consulting Support Roles:
-Graphic design for print production, web distribution, and multimedia. Includes advertising, collateral development (logos), newsletters, presentations, and websites.;
-Instructional design from needs analysis and design through delivery and evaluation. Various levels and aptitudes including pre-kindergarten to adult and beginner to advanced.;
-Macintosh system support contract to include maintenance, training, upgrades, archival, retrieval and acquisitions.;
Dec 2011 - Present
Mar 2009 - Dec 2011
Training & User Support Specialist
Firm-wide corporate trainer and support representative of data management systems, software applications, and equipment use for 500 employees within 8 locations in the mid-atlantic region. Responsibilities include needs analysis, curriculum development, scheduling, and final training delivery.
Oct 1994 - May 1999
Director of Training
- Assessed, developed, applied, managed, and administrated national training program. Remote, video conferencing, and on-site instruction for both internal and external clients. Specialized courseware included both digital imaging technologies and soft skills.- Curriculum development and training conducted personally and/or supervised through the use of hand-selected specialized trainers.- Created marketing venues including client seminars, technical newsletters, instructional materials and specialized industry guideline manuals.
May 1993 - Oct 1994
Director of Training
- Instructor of commercial off the shelf graphic arts software applications (including Adobe Creative Suite, Quark Xpress, and Macromedia Products) and business office applications (including Microsoft Office, ACT! Database, and FileMaker Pro).- Assessed and developed curriculum materials for instruction and reference.- Scheduled courses and instructors, presented monthly budget reporting, targeted marketing, tracked enrollment, and general office administration.
Sep 1989 - May 1993
- Digitally designed and produced corporate collateral materials including annual reports, newsletters, training materials, presentations, proposals, and more.- Facilitated client needs assessment meetings to identify project goals, develop delivery schedule, and forecast budget.- Commissioned editorial, photography, pre-press, press, and distribution services, while remaining on schedule, within budget.
Dec 1983 - Sep 1989
-Create conventional and digital print publication advertisements in 1- to 4-color formats for weekly distribution.