A highly motivated and confident Professional, purposeful in meeting sales and revenue targets. Enterprising, result-oriented and watchful in the follow-up. Sector of expertise: international trade mechanisms and networks, management of distributors or key accounts, business culture, selling practice in consumer goods, or manufactured products, and also in consultancy for non-profit organisations. Good experience in management and negotiation with the ability to build sustainable and fair business relationships whatever levels. Tenacious, flexible, self-supporting and also effective open-minded team member. Multi-lingual and computer literate.
- Sports : Regular practice of horse-riding, skiing, running and mountain biking; also basket-ball (20 years), swimming (4 years), squash,
- deep interest for trick-riding and horse training,
- open-minded to World cultures, member of the organisation www.cadre-export.fr in France.
Marital Status: cohabitating
Skype contact: rousmike
Mar 2009 - Present
1. CompanyIndependent pharmaceutical laboratories2. ActivityDistribution channel mainly in pharmacies or parapharmacies.
Core business in dermocosmetics with the brand Noreva-LED, but also food supplements (Nutreov and Physcience), make up or hair coloration.3. Main responsibilities- Managing the international expansion and the optimization of the export distribution in more than 30 countries,- Setting up ambitious canvassing projects, and sharp coordination in various continent, namely in Latin America with 12 countries.- Implementation of e-tools for the follow-up and decision support,- Negociation of contract, budget, forecasts,- Creating events and communication media not only for consumers but also for partners and prescribers (dermatologists and pharmacists),- Running sales and networks, managing brands and partners, and setting up innovative promotional actions.
Feb 2008 - Dec 2008
Management consulting services
- Created in 1991 in Sydney, ALTIOS International provides assitance to companies willing to expand their business in some of the world's most strategic markets: France, USA, China, Australia, India, Brazil, Canada, South Africa,
- Core business: consulting and market canvassing, sales offices, trading support and projects management.
3. Main responsibilities:
- Co-ordinator for all the market studies and canvassing for Australia,
- Implementation of the market analysis and creation of business opportunities for foreign customers,
- Fields of expertise : advanced technology (pharmaceutics, cosmetics, agribusiness) and FMCG (shoes, jewellery, children products).
Responsible for the recruitment services (IT, customer support, ...).
Sep 2006 - Jan 2008
International Sales Manager
1. Company: industrial unit of the French Central Bank (950 employees)
- Design and manufacture of printed banknotes and banknote paper as a subcontractor for other Central Banks (main clients),
- Test banknotes for private banks or ATM Industries,
- Development of printed security signs for the overall security printing industry,
- Technical cooperation with key accounts,
3. Main responsibilities:
- Direct representative of “BdF” for its foreign customers in Central and Western Africa, Indian Ocean, Middle East, and Eastern Europe,
- Participation to the definition of the export strategy facing market changes (tenders),
- Selling to the highest level of decision in the targeted markets of an acknowledged know-how, innovations and services,
- Contracts negotiation, conclusion and follow-up,
- Reporting to the General Director with the Sales Manager.
- Consulting to customers: follow-up to projects with the R&D and Industrialization Departments caring about costs, time and quality targets,
- Participation to the elaboration of budgets and in the implementation of evalutation indicators,
- Negotiation and signature of a three-year contract (contrasting with usual yearly contracts),
- Recovery of business and human relationships with an important account in loss of speed.
Dec 2002 - Sep 2006
Date of creation: 1997,
Turnover: 6.5 millions EUR in 2003 and 12 millions EUR in 2007,
Number of employees: 14 in 2003 and 35 in 2007.
Design and distribution of nursery products and toys (5 brands): Babymoov, Badabulle, Lamaze, Thomas Train, K’nex,
Babymoov brand positioning: upper-middle-class, innovative, trendy, life guarantee, challenger
Babymoov range of products: feeding and various electrical appliances (bottle warmers, food processors), healthcare and safety products (anatomic head cushion, babymonitors), travel (nappy bags, summer items), sleeping, baby toys,
Type of clients: baby specialists’ shops, baby chains, mail order specialists, pharmacies.
3. Main responsibilities:
Budget: 90 000 EUR,
Creation and development of the Export Department, defining export strategy, prospection, negociation, contracts,
Managing abroad an array of sole distributors, but also directly big accounts: Toys’r’Us in Germany and Spain, Io Bimbo (Italy), Prenatal (Spain and Portugal), Prémaman (Benelux), Ardek and Babyone (Germany), etc.,
Running sales and networks, managing brands abroad (EU and World),
Implementing and adjusting internal processes, managing a staff of 3 persons: 1 Area Manager, 1 Export Sales Assistant, and 1 Export Sales Representative (trainee position),
Marketing: running international projects with partners, creating events and communication media, developin online tools, responsible for the marketing strategy adjustment to cultural specificities and partners, etc.
- Responsible for a French area of 90 retailers (out of 2000) with a turnover of 380 000 EUR in 2006 (160 000 EUR 4 years earlier).
Turnover brought by the Export Department in 2006: 1.1 million EUR, i.e. 10% of the overall turnover, but only with 20% of the total range (focusing the export strategy on a limited selection of products),
By the end of 2006 Babymoov products were in more than 20 markets: Germany, Benelux, Portugal, Spain, Italy, the UK, Ireland, Hungary, Turkey, Eastern Europe, Middle East, North and Western Africa, etc. (bound to be launched in Japan and Australia).
Mar 2002 - Oct 2002
Junior Export Manager
- Turnover: 6 millions EUR in 2002,
- Number of employees: 60-100.
2. Activity: rubber and elastomer pieces for the car, medical and babycare industries,
3. Main responsibilities:
- Foreign markets study, benchmarking,
- Setting-up the export strategy for the babycare activity,
- Prospection and negotiation as a team-mate of the Sales Manager.
- New clients were found in Europe,
- A full-time position of Export Manager has been created.
Apr 2001 - Sep 2001
Consultant for Portugal
- Non-profit organisation promoting the Auvergne Region economy and industries.
2. Main responsibilities:
- Canvassing investors - takeover specialists
- 3 major investments were concluded in 2001 further to this mission (logistics, construction and mould industry)
An agreement was sign with the AEP (Portuguese Business Association) to settle long-term business partnership with the Northern region of Portugal (Porto)
2001 - 2002
Post Graduate Degree
- MASTER 2 Compétitivité Internationale des Entreprises (Corporate International Competitiveness), with honors,
- postgraduate’s dissertation on “Babycare market in Europe: a case study”.
1997 - 2001
- Master de Langues EtrangèresAppliquées, with honors, major in Business and Commerce,
- 2001: master’s dissertation on “Portuguese internationalisation strategies in Europe”,
- August - December 1999: 1 term at the University of Oklahoma (OU), USA, major in Law & Business.