2005-2008 - BarclayCard – C# 3.0 / SQL Server 2005 / WF / WCF; Technical Team Lead of 12
- Team-lead for three years a real time credit card /loan application using Windows Workflow state activity and Windows Communication Framework with thirteen external interfaces on a scalable three tier architecture, providing full redundancy and load balancing.
- Managed large application issues, change requests and planning preventative maintenance; interacting with both the end client and the development team.
- Responsible for timescales, priorities, estimates, and assigning team workload.
- Designed and implemented a suite of testing tools using RhinoMock and Cruise Control for each area of the system, including a bespoke UI capture and playback using WaitiN.
- Domain driven architecture for sending data over IBM MQ in both XML and fixed position buffers. Also created configurable interfaces for use in testing environments.
- Introduced TDD to the team and then the company. Liaised with Microsoft consultants creating a fully automated build and deployment scenarios with version / branches.
- Implemented content managed web controls for cross browser / speech reader use.
- Designed bespoke alert and warning system for Production Support departments.
- Personally optimized large daily Management Information extracts.
- Adapted agile practices to become scrum master of a diverse team.
2005 & 2008 - Fidelity (LaSer) – ASP.NET 2.0 / C# 3.0 / SQL Server 2005; Team Lead of 2
- Initially wrote the project in 2005 and then managed upgrade and change requests.
- Designed, planned and rolled out .Net Framework upgrade strategy across the company.
- Configured Team Build Agent 2008 throughout the company.
2005 - HSBC – C# 2.0 Win-forms, SQL Server 2005
- Multi language ‘employee benefit’ system for insurance agents in South America.
- Investigated SQL 2005 replication from field laptops to central repository.
- Implemented C# 2.0 Winform custom controls to enable questionnaire builder.
2004 - Ashburton – ASP.NET C# 1.1, Web Services; Team Lead of 2
- Designed and implemented web services serving off shore customer online portfolios.
- Implemented ASP.NET custom forms authentication provider for customer, operators and fund managers.
2004 - Generali International – ASP.NET C# 1.1, DTS; Team Lead of 5
- Managed a team to port a script based and proprietary SQL system into .Net and DTS.
- Designed an interface to support dual language and multi-brand with one code base.
2002-2004 - Halifax Bank of Scotland – C# 1.1, XML, SQL Server 2000; Senior Developer
- Designed and implemented derived ASP.NET controls to render DDA compliant markup. These controls have now been used for over five years in many large banking sites.
- Implemented template based architecture employing a ‘single-code’ before Master Pages.
- Registration, Application and Servicing of products provided to sixty affinity brands.
- Internal back office and operator level access of client/proxy account information.
2000-2002 - Royal Bank of Scotland – C++ XML Form Generator, Server Side Jscript, IBM CICS; Team Lead of 4
- Load tested and optimized application to seven hundred and fifty applications an hour.
- Designed and implemented a proprietary Heartbeat and network monitoring solution.
- Introduced Xml schematron interface to allow customers to “Build your own” card product.
- Managed penetration testing and security audits.
1999-2000 - HFC Bank – Proprietary application language, Oracle 7.0, AS/400 Data Queues; Team Lead of 5
- Delivered the UK’s second ever online credit card offering with real time decisioning.
- Took over team leader position and added one hundred brands and loyalty management.
- Individually wrote SOAP shopping cart for partner in-store retailers.
1999 - British Telecom ‘Concert’ – Proprietary application language, Oracle 7.0
- Intranet based ticketing system for firewall and systems management.