Seasoned senior professional with a lot “hands-on” experience. Good negotiator at all levels with great coaching/tutor skills. Worked at all possible levels in a MNC environment. Proven track record in restructuring / building a Treasury department for a MNC to drive compliances, control and efficiencies.
Dec 2010 - Present
Group Tax and Treasury Director
Molson Coors Central Europe (formally Starbev)
Molson Coors acquired the StarBev Group from CVC Capital Partners in June 2012. Now run as a business unit of Molson Coors.
StarBev is the leading Central and Eastern European brewing group established in December 2009 as a result of the carve-out of Anheuser-Busch InBev´s (AB InBev) Central and Eastern European operations by CVC Capital Partners.Headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, StarBev has over 4,000 employees and brewing operations in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro. In addition, the Group also has operations in Bosnia-Herzegovina and Slovakia. StarBev is the clear market leader in three of the countries within the Group and enjoys a strong number two or three position in all of its other markets.StarBev´s rich product portfolio of over 40 brands includes leading local brands Staropramen, Borsodi, Kamenitza, Bergenbier, Ozujsko, Jelen and Niksicko, supplemented by a rich portfolio of other popular local brands as well as international premium brands such as Beck´s, Hoegaarden, Leffe, Lowenbrau and Stella Artois, brewed or distributed under licence from AB InBev.Staropramen, the original Czech lager and the Group’s flagship brand, is available in more than 30 countries worldwide.Tasks: - Responsible for the Group Tax and Treasury Function - Implementation of Group Transfer Pricing Policy and subsequent documentation - Managing the Group Tax position - Risk Management, Cash Management, Liquidity Management - Optimize Group cash extraction - Overlooking financial DIO - Reducing and managing financial DSO - Strengthen and control the Credit Control function throughout the Group - Project lead for the sale of non core assets
- Restructuring the Global Treasury function in Molson Coors in consultation with Group Treasury.
- Scoping, selection and implementation of a Group TMS - Managing staff
Jul 2009 - Nov 2010
When Grontmij N.V. was founded in 1915, its vision was sustainable land consolidation and reclamation for the agricultural sector and the development of the rural areas. Almost a century later, the company has developed and grown, but it is essentially the same: Grontmij creates value for its customers and shareholders by designing and realising sustainable living and working environments.
Grontmij’s mission is to be the best local service provider for design, consultancy, management, engineering and contracting in the environmental, water, energy, building, industry and transportation sectors. We aim to achieve this through the design and realisation of plans for the future together with the people and parties in our regions. Our highly skilled and expert staff have a deep knowledge of the chosen markets and sectors and provide a full range of services throughout the project chain.
- Responsible for the set up of the Group Treasury Center.
- Selection and implementation of Treasury systems and IFRS compliance accounting.
-Rationalize global banking relations.
-Refinancing the Group.
-Arranging for the finance of a French listed acquisition.
-Coordination of the Tax stream during the acquisition phase.
-Development and setup of global Cash pool structure.
-Creation of an In-house Bank
-Development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Managing staff
Nov 2000 - Jul 2009
Maxxium Worldwide BV
Leading, international premium wine and spirits distributor operating in 35+ countries and 60+ markets; 2,100 employees with 2.15 billion Euro of revenues in 2007
- Responsible for the set up of the Headquarter Treasury Center.
- Implementation of Treasury systems and IFRS compliance accounting.
-Managing shareholders and global banking relations.
-Setup of various Cash pool structures in various regions..
-Creation and supervision of worldwide hedging program through an FX and Interest Committee.
-Set-up and running an In-house Bank.
-Development and implementation of policies and procedures.
-Participation in Group re-financing.
-Set-up, implementation and rollout of Cash Flow Forecasting in SAP R3.
-Optimization of Group Liquidity resulting in an interest bill reduction of 30%.
-Temporary Finance Controlling responsibilities for Maxxium Greece, operating out of our Shared Service Center.
-Director of Maxxium Hellas.
1998 - 2000
- Responsible for Treasury and International Cash Management for TIWC and the TIW Group of Companies, i.e. lines of credit, foreign exchange, disbursement, receipts, short term investment, reporting.
- Developing a global cash management - and payment system.
- Developing foreign exchange strategies or policies and execution thereof.
- Developing hedging strategies or policies and execution of hedging transactions.
- Arranging and set-up of banking structure for Cesky Mobile Oskar GSM.
May 1996 - Aug 1998
Front Office Dealer
Volkswagen Group HQ
- Squaring disposition for VW and all her group members.
- Trade in the foreign exchange forward markets based on strategic hedging decisions.
- Start up and prepare the company for commodity hedging.
- Development of IT systems and reporting tools in the Dealing Room.
- Responsible for management reporting.
- Supply information to the group members.
- Central Europe Specialist.
Apr 1993 - Apr 1996
Volkswagen Group - Seat S.A. Spain
Train local Treasury Staff on International Treasury matters.Based in Amsterdam and Barcelona with Seat S.A.
- Transferring all Back-Office responsibilities as some parts of the Front-Office, like daily disposition, P&L analyses
- Training local staff
- Assist the local bookkeeping with the control implementation of forward positions (short and long term)
- Development of management reports in Excel
- Assist the Treasurer upon request
- Responsible for the disposition
- Responsible for the Cash flow of the company
- Back-up for the Trade Finance Manager