Experienced Director/Manager of Operations and Program Director/Manager wutg broad industry experience across State Government, Fortune 500 and Small Business. Providing Coaching; Training; Strategy; Business Development and Process Improvement.Successful in making large programs and initiatives work where others have not. Driven to help others succeed.
Areas of expertise
- Results oriented, establishing success criteria, providing cost/benefit, communicating vision and setting expectations and goals for success.
- Providing mentoring and coaching to Small Businesses, Leaders and colleagues; performed site planning, business strategy, business risk and survivability papers; developed policies and processes.
- Providing hiring practices, interviewing techniques, training, mentoring, and employee motivation through identifying individual personal drivers. A seasoned manager in Customer Service, Human Resource, IT, and Small Business
- As manager of End User Computing at Alcatel Network Systems, improved problem resolution time from 25% to 65% of problems solved within two working days through reorganizing department processes and roles, implementing remote PC and Macintosh software installations and troubleshooting, and implementing an Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) for help desk.
- Negotiated a 30% yearly cost reduction ($5 million) for software license agreements.
- Took over a Genuine Parts Store, which had never run in the black, and brought it to profitability in the first month, as well as continuing to set sales records in each and every following month.
PROGRAM PLANNING AND CONTROL
- Certified Master Project Manager experienced in all phases of program/project life cycle.
- Primary responsibilities in IT and HR driving and overseeing programs and initiatives across HR, IT, Customer Service, Sales, and Networks.
- Program Directed Sprint’s Y2K maintenance program for Broadband Network Management Development having the largest number of applications and lines of code within all Sprint. Renovations included Hardware, OS and Applications for Mainframe, UNIX, VAX-VMX, Tandem, NT, and PC desktop platforms. Achieved the lowest renovation cost per line of code at Sprint being 1/3 the average cost at Sprint and 1/4 the national average for cost per line of cost: a 3.5 million dollar savings for Sprint over the national average.
- Pulled together a large National Customer Service Imitative at Sprint which nationalized Regional Management Practices, Hiring Practices, and over 100 Training Courses for their Installation & Repair Technicians and Supervisors. Also provided a web portal for online forms, scheduling and necessary documentation.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT AND QUALITY CONTROL
- Past trainer and leader of process improvement teams
- Have Trained and lead many Process Improvement Teams for Requirements Gathering Procedures, Training Development and Delivery, developed metrics and measurements along with how to collect and store them.
- Responsible for creating and executing plans which identify gaps between the “current” and “necessary” key company outcomes, focused on profitability and trending.
- Led Special Task Force responsible for eliminating serious problems in equipment quality due to design issues, system engineering and testing problems in a major new Crossconnect System for Rockwell Wescom. Corrected all issues of quality and deliveries within two months.
- Developed strategies to roll out well phased communication plans for a major national initiative for Sprint’s Field Installation and Repair, concerning hiring, training, management practices, policies, and web portal access.
- Planned, taught and provided all ISO 9001 documentation for the Technical Assistance Center and IT End User Computing departments of Rockwell International Telecommunications Company
- Modeled and championed the release of a Hybrid of traditional “Mager” and traditional hardware-software course development.
ISSUE AND RISK MANAGEMENT
- Prepare complex risk assessment matrices.
- Facilitation of IT and HR risk assessments.
- Preparation and presentation of contingency plans to upper management.
- Developed and implemented escalation processes for issue and risk for Sprint’s University of Excellence.