- Appointed to the New York City Police Department January 1987.
- Promoted to Detective – 3rd Grade March 1991.
- Promoted to Detective – 2nd Grade February 2004
- Recipient of the New York City Police Department’s Medal of Valor for ‘acts of outstanding personal bravery” during the rescue and recovery efforts relating to the terrorist attack on the United States on September 11, 2001
- Tasked with developing a new program for the Intelligence Division, Operation Sentry, an intelligence network of police departments in the New York area. Identified / acted on potential threats and functioned as liaison to local and municipal law enforcement agencies within a 250 mile radius of New York City.
- Conducted complex investigations and cultivated a comprehensive network of local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Coauthored Guidelines for Handling Long-Distance Confidential Informants.
- Served as member of team that researched and developed a recidivist / larcenist database that utilized background data to identify potential perpetrators.
- Active member of city-wide investigative unit; managed high level special intelligence projects.
- Acquired extensive experience compiling police, hospital, and neighborhood canvas reports, investigating accident scenes, interviewing witnesses, and taking statements.
Accomplishments and Awards
- Honorable Mention Award
- Meritorious Police Duty Awards
- Excellent Police Duty Awards
- Certificate of Appreciation, New York City (NYC) Police Commissioner
- Certificates of Appreciation, Chief of Internal Affairs
- Passed the New York State Exam for Licensed Investigator.
- NYPD Honor Legion
- NYPD Emerald Society
- NYPD Steuben Association
- FBI Top Secret Clearance with SCI Protocols
- Board Member, Town of Wallkill Little League