Manager of Emerging Technologies
CASH AMERICA INTERNATIONAL, INC
Direct an innovative team of software engineers and professionals in the development of cutting-edge solutions, including mobile apps, RFID, Bluetooth, NFC, and other technologies. Administer a $1.5MM R&D budget.
- Drove the development of the first mobile app targeting iOS and Android, allowing customers to check the status of their loans and layaway, as well as receive alerts and promotional messages.
- Identified new technology to allow a pawnbroker to interact with a customer in any store nationwide.
- Utilized cellular, gyroscope, GPS, and tablet technologies to enable a “virtual agent” to maneuver through the store and offer assistance.
- Instrumental in building a digital online catalog, showcasing items for sale nationwide.
- Completed a 45-day field project to research technological advancements in the retail industry for use in pilot stores.
- Analyzed stores who have adopted new and emerging technologies to enhance the customer experience and streamline employee productivity.
- i.e. how AT&T is using iPads for their customer experience and POS, Rooms-to-Go uses tablets to streamline the purchasing process, etc.