Quanex Building Products
- Manage the administration of environmental, health and safety practices at the Kent location. Support the Yakima facility as necessary.
- Provide daily guidance and enforce the safety policies, procedures and guidelines as set out by the Company.
- Coordinate all aspects of proactive safety, environmental and loss prevention programs and related topics, including investigating and acting on any type of employee complaint, safety, or loss prevention concerns.
- Facilitate training for employees, such as new hire orientation, lift truck, right to know and other safety, environmental and loss prevention related topics.
- Coordinate regular plant safety, environmental and housekeeping audits. Perform audits and issue reports to appropriate managers.
- Perform the various monitoring functions for environmental compliance and maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain the worker training and EH&S incident reporting databases.
- Conduct Management Safety Committee and Associate Safety Committee meetings and training.
- Observe and analyze workforce performance with regard to safety and recommend specific measures, changes in procedures or amendments to safety program.
- Respond to questions regarding safety and environmental issues.
- Participate in accident investigations to determine root cause(s) so recommendations for corrective action can be recommended.
- Liaison with outside physicians/vendors pertaining to industrial injuries.
- Manage all aspects of injury and illness reporting, including OSHA record keeping.
- Provide support to managers and supervisors with safety/environmental and ergonomic needs.
- Travel to other locations as required and perform any additional duties as required.
- Conduct weekly HAZMAT inspections and audit to ensure compliance with all EPA and Department of Ecology regulations.