Managing Director and Head - Structuring Asia Pacific, Corporate Banking and Securities
Deutsche Bank Singapore
Revamped and unified a group of disparate product and geographical teams into a market leading team of 63 people acknowledged as the number 1 team offering corporate, institutional and retail clients risk management, investment and financing solutions operating in Asia Pacific.
Influenced the global firm-wide strategy as a member of the Global Structuring Executive Committee of Deutsche Bank (since 2010). Did the same to a greater extent in the region as a member of the Deutsche Bank Asia Corporate Banking and Securities Executive Committee (since its creation in 2013).
Intergrated engagement with credit, legal, compliance, finance, group sustainability and other infrastructure teams with the aim of executing key transactions more efficiently and profitably.
Created a monthly AsiaPac Leadership Forum and instituted monthly calls to discuss market trends, enhance teamwork and communication and keep the management team abreast of global and regional developments
Ensured efficient allocation of resources and enhanced moral by personally driving compensation and promotion decisions of entire team.
- Set-up a new cross-asset class investor solutions team by reallocating team members to focus on institutional and retail clients leading to increased revenues of 50% over 3 years from this client segment.
- Reorganised the Asian Rates and FX structuring teams into a unified client risk management team while reducing this new team’s headcount in South East Asia, India and Korea by 83% and investing resources in the growth market of Japan.
- Revitalised the financing business by internally and externally hiring higher impact people and re-allocating people’s roles and affiliations while keeping the headcount broadly the same. This led to an increase of revenues of 15% across Asia Pacific over 3 years while significantly enhancing business efficiency
- Relocated two MDs from London to Singapore (replacements of people who we moved out of the team) in order to significantly strengthen client engagement in Strategic Equity solutions and Fixed Income and Currency solutions increasing deal originating capability. This led to a substantial increase in the quality of client engagement
- Realigned people’s responsibilities by giving a few people broader roles across geographies to maximize skill set usage.
- Increased Asia Pacific Structuring revenues by 20% and decreased headcount by 33% over 3 years