Unique blend of technical and marketing skills focused on driving revenue growth. Signficant experience and leadership in product marketing and marketing communications as well as analyst and press relations. Technology expertise in enterprise-class hardware, software and services including open source strategy, licensing, and application.
Board Member, Fusion Family Foundation (2007 - present)
Board Member, Delaware Valley Reef Club (2007-present)
Chairman, Open Source Development Labs, Data Center Linux Board (2005-2006)
Vice President, Whiteland Hills Homeowner's Association (1999-2003)
Jun 2008 - Present
Vice President, Marketing
PERFMAN is a 20-year old software company focused on the IT Infrastructure Management space. Prior to my arrival, the company was run as a lifestyle bsuiness and lacked any external presence in the market.
- Built the marketing organization and supporting tools from the ground up including new marketing automation software to conduct regular touch points with both customers and prospects.
- Designed and implemented a new website with new architecture, messaging, and content.
- Successfully increased web traffic and registrations 1000% over four month period while also improving the Alexa ranking from over 2,500,000 to 750,000.
- Successfully executed first-ever attendance and sponsorship of VMWorld conference coupled with a multi-facted marketing campaign that led to over 900 new leads, 42 qualified leads and over $650K in pipeline.
- Repositioned company from a generic, cross-platform solution to a specialized virtualization management solution to capitalize on the growth sector in the market. Continue to act as leader of product steering committee to ensure alignment of objectives.
- Manage all analyst relations and have secured research notes from The 451 Group and Butler Group as well as positive mentions and recommendations from both both Gartner and Red Monk.
- Created monthly e-Newsletter for both customers and prospects with an average of 32.4% open rate and 4.8% click-through rate. Customer newsletter has uncovered over $1 million in additional revenue.
- Evaluated, selected, and deployed an outsourced telemarketing firm to generate sales-ready leads to complement internal marketing lead generation activities.
Apr 2006 - May 2008
Interim VP, Marketing
Responsible for global marketing and oversight of both product strategy and marketing communications reporting directly to the CEO. During my tenure at EnterpriseDB, I accomplished to the following:
- Produced the best PR launch in company history that was recognized by the BOD as "as good as we could have possibly hoped". Launch included new messaging and branding along with a completely rewritten and redesigned website.
- 4x growth in pipeline and 85% media share of voice leading to 250% growth in sales
- Crafted the overall messaging for EnterpriseDB and its core products: key messages, value propositions, competitive intelligence as well as company and product positioning.
- Launched complete product line (August, 2007) and managed entire process from product components and naming through delivery including: external web presence, community interaction, public and analyst relations as well as ongoing marketing and development efforts. New product downloads exceeded 3,000 in the first 2 weeks and product received "Best Database Soluton" award from LinuxWorld.
- Architected and implemented integrated marketing campaigns across multiple media outlets and vehicles driving all leads for the company.
- Built a lead scoring and nurturing plan to harvest raw leads and convert them to qualified opportunities.
- Implemented several tools for tracking and analysis of marketing objectives and key performance indicators. (Salesforce.com, Eloqua, iDashboards)
- Acted as community liaison to PostgreSQL community to ensure proper positioning and messaging and to assist with community relations on behalf of EnterpriseDB.
Sep 2002 - Mar 2006
Director, Open Source Program
Held multiple roles within the Systems & Technology group each with significantly more responsibility, impact, and visibility.
- Developed and implemented the program to launch the open source business within Unisys including GTM strategy, marketing plan, value proposition, whole product deliverables and demand generation plan. This program was responsible for $20 million in revenue in its first 6 months.
- Handpicked member of the Executive Team driving the overall strategy for Unisys in the Open Source Marketplace led by the President of the Unisys Global Financial Services Division.
- Coordinated and executed the partnership agreements and joint marketing initiativesseveral leading open source vendors including Red Hat and Novell.
- Managed the Intel server product line in almost all areas from requirements definition through pre-sales driving over 40% revenue growth annually.
Feb 1999 - Sep 2002
Founder & CEO
Built enterprise resource planning consulting firm from the ground up. Over the course of three years, the company grew to almost one million in sales and employed multiple subcontractors. Every single project was completed on-time and within the budget. Highlights include:
- Colgate Palmolive - Managed and executed the implementation of MFG/PRO for all Carribean manufacturing facilities.
- Guidant Labs - Managed the integration of two disparate ERP systems (SAP, QAD) as part of an acquisition.
- QAD: Trained all incoming support representatives. Supported sales team as a pre-sales engineer.
- Mayne Group: Integrated multiple ERP (QAD, SAP) and Logistics systems (UPS) as part of an acquisition.
- Johnson & Johnson: Managed and executed a major upgrade of ERP suite across multiple divisions.
1997 - 1999
Sr. Application Consultant
Responsible for training, implementation and support of QAD's MFG/PRO product for Fortune 1000 clients including: Johnson & Johnson, Genzyme, Unilever, Schlumberger and others.
1995 - 1996
Sr. Support Representative
Senior support representative responsible for application support of QAD's flagship ERP produict, MFG/PRO.
- Recognized by QAD for becoming certified on the entire product suite in the least amount of time as well as for becoming the youngest person ever certified.
- Appointed to participate in several key projects at QAD as well as to lead all support for new BETA products.
1990 - 1994
Presidential Scholarship Recipient
Treasurer, Dramatic Arts Society
Director & Stage Manager, Dramatic Arts Society
This is a short marketing update for the BOD. All real details have been removed. The actual deck is much longer).
This is a handout that we used to show the differences between Virtual Center and PERFMAN.
This was done in my first few weeks at PERFMAN and puts a nice spin on PERFMAN as a Green IT solution.
Ths is a print ad we ran int he Wall Street Journal.
This is a sample solution proposal
New white papers were created to support new focus on virtualization.
PERFMAN's NEW 10x10 Booth for VMWorld 2008
The entire PERFMAN product was re-branded to match new corporate identity guidelines.
This is what our Booth looked like at JBossWorld right after Sun bought MySQL.