Certified Operating Room Registered Nurse
VCU Health Systems
- Responsible for the day to day work flow of individual operating rooms while collaborating with other professionals to provide complete patient care.
- Able to set up and maintain a sterile surgical field and assist the doctors in the scrub role at the surgical bedside.
- Specialty trained in complex plastic reconstructive cases such as cranial vault reconstruction, microvascular free flaps and large burn cases.
- Oversight and delegation of an entire team of nurses.
- Responsible for orienting and training new nurses to the team.
- Education and care of patients and families throughout the perioperative experience
- Participation in various committees including Evidence Based Practice.
- CNOR certified.