Frederick Goldman, Inc. is one of the largest jewelry manufacturing companies in North America offering its customers a large selection of jewelry products across its five separate divisions with manufacturing resources in the US, Mexico, China, India, Thailand and Korea.
- Provided application support for user community of over 250 people across two countries for all in-house applications written in VB, RPG, HTML, ASP, and MS-DOS batch files.
- Converted all corporate VB 6.0 applications to VB .NET Winforms applications.
- Recognized as the only Visual Basic programmer in the company able to assume full responsibility for creating numerous corporate applications from inception to installation.
- Created Visual Basic programs including (but not limited to):
*EDI Upload Application – converts and cleans up Excel files to CSV files for upload into AS400 order entry system as alternative to EDI for special orders.
*Operations Console – automates download of shipping label information for batch processing.
*Overseas Invoice Reconciliation Report Application – a report generating tool, first using MS Access for user security, then creating user-friendly query tool to display a custom Crystal Report.
- As lead Visual Basic programmer, authored and maintained software for user community connecting to DB2 and Microsoft Access databases via ODBC, ADO, and ADO.NET.
- Member of a team that designed, wrote, and changed software on AS400 system using RPG and CL for all departments; functions included Order Entry, Inventory Control, and EDI.
- Supported and maintained Intranet applications using HTML and ASP.
- Created and maintained GS-1 (UCC-128) shipping labels for major retail chains.
- Solved end-user problems in a production support capacity.
- Documented new code for upper management using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Visio.
- Served as AS400 Operator when needed.
- Assumed additional responsibilities throughout the department.