I'm a competent, assertive, and dedicated IT professional, equipped with progressive experience in software development.
Jul 2010 - Present
.NET Developer (Intern)
- Created modifications for custom document imaging / indexing application used by hundreds of agency employees across the city, using C#, ASP.NET, and JQuery.
- Created complex queries and analyzed data stored in SQLServer databases.
- Created MS Excel reports based on analyzed data from SQLServer and MS Access queries.
- Assumed additional duties as needed.
Apr 2010 - Jun 2010
IT Support Assistant
- Created web application to display inventory of PCs in computer lab and troubleshooting history with each workstation selected.Technologies used include ASP.NET, VB.NET, and SQLServer.
- Performed or assisted with installation and maintenance of hardware and software in academic computer labs and smart classrooms.
- Helped supervise staff of over twenty-five college assistants who maintain the open computer labs.
Feb 2005 - Nov 2008
Frederick Goldman, Inc. is one of the largest jewelry manufacturing companies in North America offering its customers a large selection of jewelry products across its five separate divisions with manufacturing resources in the US, Mexico, China, India, Thailand and Korea.
- Provided application support for user community of over 250 people across two countries for all in-house applications written in VB, RPG, HTML, ASP, and MS-DOS batch files.
- Converted all corporate VB 6.0 applications to VB .NET Winforms applications.
- Recognized as the only Visual Basic programmer in the company able to assume full responsibility for creating numerous corporate applications from inception to installation.
- Created Visual Basic programs including (but not limited to):
*EDI Upload Application – converts and cleans up Excel files to CSV files for upload into AS400 order entry system as alternative to EDI for special orders.
*Operations Console – automates download of shipping label information for batch processing.
*Overseas Invoice Reconciliation Report Application – a report generating tool, first using MS Access for user security, then creating user-friendly query tool to display a custom Crystal Report.
- As lead Visual Basic programmer, authored and maintained software for user community connecting to DB2 and Microsoft Access databases via ODBC, ADO, and ADO.NET.
- Member of a team that designed, wrote, and changed software on AS400 system using RPG and CL for all departments; functions included Order Entry, Inventory Control, and EDI.
- Supported and maintained Intranet applications using HTML and ASP.
- Created and maintained GS-1 (UCC-128) shipping labels for major retail chains.
- Solved end-user problems in a production support capacity.
- Documented new code for upper management using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Visio.
- Served as AS400 Operator when needed.
- Assumed additional responsibilities throughout the department.
Oct 1994 - Feb 2005
- Promoted to Programmer in February 2005 through demonstration of exemplary performance and efficiency.
- Successfully migrated existing Novell network to MS Windows 2000 network for the entire corporation and documented the entire process.
- Installed and administered services on network, including WINS, DNS, DHCP, MS-VPN, and IIS.
- Actively provided technical support to 225+ on-site PC users and 35+ mobile and off-site users.
- Troubleshot all hardware and software installation problems on PCs, laptops, PDAs, and servers.
- Created and maintained user accounts, file and share permissions, and login scripts.
- Assisted the CIO, Manager, and VP of Information Technology in conducting Internet-based research, performing cost analysis, and finding solutions to any software or hardware problems.
- Conceptualized and developed training materials and procedures; facilitated training to end-users on the proper usage of hardware and software.
Fluent in Spanish
Sep 2009 - Present
Relevant coursework includes Software Engineering and Database Theory
Sep 1993 - Jun 2009
Relevant coursework includes projects in an Operating Systems course written in C++ in a UNIX environment to simulating non-preemptive process scheduling algorithms (FCFS, SJN, and Priority) and fixed-partition memory allocation algorithms (First-Fit, Best-Fit, Next-Fit, and Worst-Fit).