Program Manager (PGM) / Project Manager (PM) - Contractor
Bank of America (Merrill Lynch)
Merrill Lynch is one of the world's premier providers of wealth management, securities trading and sales, corporate finance and investment banking services.
Hired to oversee the $52.3 million Cisco End-of-Life (EOL) program for the Americas (AMRS) region, as well as the $2.5 million EMC Disk Library (EDL) project and the $1 million Guardium project for the PADC and Teleport mainframe data centers. Interface closely with project managers, design engineers, and network analysts in a matrix management environment disbursed across remote locations. Coordinate numerous process improvements, strategic planning, vendor relations, business continuity, financial controls, records upkeep, audit coordination, and infrastructure development.
- Instituted several Project Implementation Plans (PIP) for the EOL program, integrating various PMI methodologies.
- Identified a potential risk in EOL where $3.9 million in capital would be spent with no ability to recover.
- Utilized ITIL guidelines for the EDL and Guardium projects.
- Coordinated design, installation, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), training, and release of EDL in Storage Area Network (SAN) environment that utilizes Legato NetWorker software solution; also with Guardium real-time database security and compliance monitoring solution for Oracle, SQL, Sybase, and DB2 platforms.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of programs, projects, and scopes.
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to clients and upper management.
- Effectively apply methodology and enforce project standards.
- Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimize exposure and risk on programs and projects.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Track and report team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Manage program and project budgets.
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensure timely and accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for programs and projects.
- Follow up with vendors and clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Systems utilized include Microsoft Project and SharePoint Servers, BlackBerry, WebEx, various Microsoft business applications, as well as Avaya and Cisco VoIP telecommunications equipment.