Program Manager (PGM) / Project Manager (PM) - Contractor
Merrill Lynch is one of the world's premier providers of wealth management, securities trading and sales, corporate finance and investment banking services.
Hired to oversee the $52.3 million Cisco End-of-Life (EOL) program for the Americas (AMRS) region, as well as the $2.5 million EMC Disk Library (EDL) project and the $1 million Guardium project for the PADC and Teleport mainframe data centers. Interface closely with project managers, design engineers, and network analysts in a matrix management environment disbursed across remote locations. Coordinate numerous process improvements, strategic planning, vendor relations, business continuity, financial controls, records upkeep, audit coordination, and infrastructure development.
- Instituted several Project Implementation Plans (PIP) for the EOL program, integrating various PMI methodologies.
- Identified a potential risk in EOL where $3.9 million in capital would be spent with no ability to recover.
- Utilized ITIL guidelines for the EDL and Guardium projects.
- Coordinated design, installation, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), training, and release of EDL in Storage Area Network (SAN) environment that utilizes Legato NetWorker software solution; also with Guardium real-time database security and compliance monitoring solution for Oracle, SQL, Sybase, and DB2 platforms.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of programs, projects, and scopes.
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to clients and upper management.
- Effectively apply methodology and enforce project standards.
- Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimize exposure and risk on programs and projects.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Track and report team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Manage program and project budgets.
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensure timely and accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for programs and projects.
- Follow up with vendors and clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Systems utilized include Microsoft Project and SharePoint Servers, BlackBerry, WebEx, various Microsoft business applications, as well as Avaya and Cisco VoIP telecommunications equipment.