A trusted professional that will find, engage and recruit the right, high quality talent to your organization.
A proven recruiting resource in the Bay Area who brings real enthusiasm and natural curiosity to his work.
An organized, flexible and seasoned facilitator.
A skilled negotiator/closer.
Apr 2011 - Present
Twitter - Supported the Platform Engineering team by effectively recruiting Systems Software Engineers, Technical Project Managers, Site Reliability Engineers and Engineering Managers.Apple Inc. - Engaged as a full life-cycle recruiting resource for the iAd (mobile advertising) engineering, product management and professional services teams, Operations teams and some iTunes engineering teams, including effective use of Linkedin Recruiter.
- Successfully sourced and placed UI Engineers, Ad Network Analysts-Advertiser Reporting, User Experience-Interaction Designers, Product Managers, Business Intelligence Architects, Senior Software Engineers-Hadoop, DBAs, Software Data Analyst/Engineers, Project Managers, Production Designers, QA Engineers, iTunes Store Engineers, Games Center Server Engineers, Technical Program Managers and other roles.
Nov 2010 - Mar 2011
Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition
Hired to lead, administer and manage all of MobiTV's recruitment programs. Hired a recruiting coordinator and contract recruiters to address immediate staffing needs. Developed partnerships with hiring teams and set staffing priorities while providing on-going progress reports to the management team.
Nov 2005 - Nov 2010
Senior Technical Recruiter
Contracted for 3 years to grow the ILM R&D team's capabilities and management structure to better serve and support the world-class artists employed by the Lucasfilm companies. The R&D team develops and enhances a sophisticated, proprietary suite of tools and technologies known collectively as Zeno which are deployed to produce spectacular imagery used in visual effects post-production, animation productions, etc.
- Conducted a wide variety and volume of successful searches for R&D Directors, Managers and Engineers (included QA) for Industrial Light + Magic as well as engineering managers, project managers, engineers, Python developers, systems administrators, support specialists and technicians for IT, IS, Media Systems Engineering and Production Technology teams.
- Served as the Site Administrator for the on-going development and support of the VirtualEdge Pro implementation of the company's applicant tracking system.
Mar 1995 - Oct 2005
As an In-House Recruiter for a number of company divisions, played a pivotal role in developing a standard of excellence in the recruiting function as a strategic element in support of the company's successful efforts to diversify product lines and expand business operations.
- Primarily focused on staffing a wide variety of software engineering teams that developed the company's top-selling products and services such as AutoCAD, Buzzsaw (on-line project collaboration), Inventor, and Autodesk Map. Final engagement was to recruit a number of IT professional services positions for application development (Siebel, middleware, etc.), architecture, quality assurance and project management.
- Directly responsible for recruiting well over 500 new hires, many dealing with relocation needs and H- 1B and Green Card issues.
- Utilized Recruitmax, Personic and Resumix applicant tracking systems.
Jun 1992 - Feb 2005
Established a recruiting and consulting practice focused on clients in software engineering and information systems technology. Completed more than 50 searches per year (1994-2005) and specialized as an in-house consultant typically keeping the cost per hire on these positions to one fourth or less the cost of recruiting agencies.
Successfully completed a variety of assignments for:
• Autodesk, Inc. San Rafael, CA (see detail above)• MailFrontier, Palo Alto, CA• MarketLive, Inc. (formerly Multimedia Live), Petaluma, CA• Procurepoint Travel Solutions, Sausalito, CA• Buzzsaw.com [now a division of Autodesk], San Francisco, CA (see detail above)• Fair Isaac, San Rafael, CA• Gupta (subsequently Centura Software), Menlo Park, CA• Nelson Personnel Services, Sonoma, CA• AMEX Life Assurance, San Rafael, CA• Executive Direction Consulting, San Francisco, CA• Liposome Technology, Inc., Menlo Park, CA• Ameritech/Knowledge Data Systems, Larkspur, CA
Oct 1999 - Apr 2001
Led a small recruiting team as the primary recruiter from the company's inception as a small business unit inside Autodesk (staff of 20 circa 1/98) to a pinnacle of 270 employees worldwide as a private, pre-IPO organization. The company was reacquired by Autodesk and continues as a thriving business unit.
- Responsible for establishing recruiting infrastructure and procedures.
- Recruited, hired and supervised 3 contract recruiters.
- Personally responsible for over 110 hires (executive management, software engineering, IT, sales, finance and operations) within the first 12 months of operations. Many were remote placements and many involved immigration issues.
Apr 1984 - Jun 1992
Senior Consultant Representative
Computer Resources Group, Inc.
Participated as a key team member in the development and implementation of services for this long established information services consulting company. Business volume doubled between 1984 and 1992.
- Recruited and qualified over 3000 consultant candidates through personal interviews and telephone screenings. Verified levels of expertise to determine specific projects to match with consultant skill sets and functional abilities. Utilized SkillTrak system to profile and coordinate candidate / client information.
- Handled confidential client and consultant concerns.
- Negotiated salary requirements for overall profitability, set client interviews, etc.
- Created and maintained detailed consultant records (over 8000) covering technical proficiencies, professional attributes & goals, and interpersonal skills.
Aug 1977 - Jun 1981
University of Illinois
(emphasis on Stage Management, Production and Direction)