Market strategist and detail oriented product manager and marketer, research analyst, and partner marketing account management specialist. I take products, marketing programs, analysis and partner relationships from initial vision to bottom line results. For example at McAfee.com I took the McAfee.com USB Drive product line from inception to $600K in quarterly revenues in six months, by focusing on best practices product management and marketing, optimizing partner relationships, and effectively using internet and new media marketing.
Product and Project Management
- Implemented internet hosted storage (DriveWay) and MS-Office “look-a-alike” (ThinkFree) online services, that were hosted in the McAfee.com "Cloud."
- Led and developed MRDs, functional specifications, Go-To-Markets and Market Communication for networking, and communications software, and security “software-as-a-service” generating $3.0 M in annual revenue.
See "Some of My Work" - Immediately below this section of Highlights
- Developed and delivered release notes, datasheets, collateral, web content and sales training.
- Developed and managed McAfee.com USBDrive business line from inception to quarterly revenue run rate of $600K.
Click on " McAfee.com USBDrive Product Line" or see section at top left
- Implemented successful marketing, product, and partnership “programs – campaigns” for $2.0 M in incremental annual revenues by adding new partner co-branded products.
- Developed-delivered: content at conferences and trade shows (e.g. Comdex).
- Media Product and Analyst Spokesperson.
Click on "Silicon Valley Reports KTEH TV Channel 54"- or see section at top middle left
Research and Analysis
- Developed and delivered industry and competitive analysis, and market research at Gartner (aka Dataquest), Sageza Group, Intel, McAfee, Connelly and Associates, and for other organizations, such as Mellon Bank.
Click on "Service Oriented Architectures Blueprints" - Analysis and White Paper sample
- Designed, managed and optimized on line marketing campaigns - Websites, Partner Affiliate and email
Click on " SEO Analysis - Internet Presence"- Sample Optimization Worksheet/s
- Certificate Student - Portland State Multimedia Professionals Program - Curricula : technologies (e.g. xHTML, CSS, Drupal, etc.) web business strategies, project management, On-Line Branding and user experience, SEM, webanalytics and social media marketing
SEM Tools to optimize organic and paid search
PRODUCT ANALYSIS EMC - Documentum Next Generation Content Mangement
MRD Intel xSP Network Management Platform
PRESS RELEASE McAfee Security Center Subscriber "Dashboard"
DATA SHEET Firewall Protection for all
COMPETITIVE MATRICES McAfee.com Virus, Firewall, Content and spam Filtering
Jan 2003 - Present
Clients: Epson, Calertem, EthicsPoint, Segeza Group and Uxcomm Projects: Market Research & Competitive Analysis, new media marketing plans, marketing campaigns, positioning/messaging, go-to-markets, collateral, and web key-performance indicators and metrics.
- Expertise – Security, network, communication and content management software and marketing
- Developed marketing strategies, campaigns, collateral, and white papers for enterprise software companies such as IBM and EMC
- Recommended web product management methodology cutting development cost and time by 10%
- Industry event, trade show and seminar speaker (e.g. Adobe In-Design Conference)
Sep 2000 - Oct 2002
Product Marketing Manager
McAfee.com USBDrive Business Line Firewall, Content Filtering and Partner Products
- Product Manager, Partner Products – McAfee.com EasyRecovery Standard & Professional Editions and McAfee.com Driveway On-line Storage and Think-Free Office – Cumulative Revenues 2002, $ 1.5 M
- Product Manager – McAfee.com Visual Trace, Personal Firewall & Privacy Services - Cumulative Revenues 2001 $ 1.5 M
- Developed and Prioritized Needs and Requirements – Created MRDs, and Functional Specifications For Mcafee.com Firewall, Content Filtering, Partner Products, such as the on-line storage service, and McAfee.com Branded USBDrive
- Maintained Web Service Offerings Road Maps: incorporating budget. schedule and scope constraints, mediating between engineering, sales, customer/technical support, and executive staff
- Developed and managed on-line web marketing campaigns and brand promotion and enhancement (e.g. McAfee.com Security Center user subscriber console/dashboard) for increased user engagement and "stickyness"
Jul 1999 - Jun 2000
Product Marketing Manager
xSP network management platforms/tools.
- Developed market segmentation/analysis service provider (xSP) market.RESULT: foundation for new corporate strategic branded product direction
- Designed survey instrument – interviewed xSPs, determining network management needs
- Researched, developed, authored and got approval for MRD, xSP network management product line
- Developed and Prioritized Product features in conjunction with network products and server group marketing, engineering and executive team
- Forecasted Revenues And Developed Positioning, Pricing and Promotion For Product
Jul 1992 - May 1999
Manager Competitive Intelligence & Field Sales Support
Managed competitive bids, implemented competitive sales strategies and managed analyst relations program
- Managed competitive bids and sales proposals with field sales.RESULT: Helped close over $20 M direct sales annually
- Developed and implemented competitive sales strategies, including hot line and on-line support of field sales; designed, and delivered sales training
- Managed relationships with market research community, to include crafting public relation program to positively influence positioning and evaluation of Sequent
Sep 1989 - Jun 1992
Senior Industry Analyst & Market Research Manager
Created and managed Server System and Business Computer Subscription Services
- MANAGED SERVER SYSTEMS AND BUSINESS COMPUTER SERVICES.RESULT: Built the Server Systems Service to a $250,000 business in a year; and in the business service achieved a 70% contribution margin on $ 500,000 in annual revenues; signed-managed five new clients
- MANAGED MAJOR ACCOUNTS including HP, IBM, NCR, DEC, UNISYS, SUN, and financial clients such as; Bank Of Boston, and Mellon Bank
- Provided competitive product, market and company analysis; industry consultant to computer vendors and executives in banking, investment houses, venture capital and financial firms
Major: Mathematics Minor: Economics and Psychology
Database Technology - Masters Thesis "A Common Model for Multi-key Access"
Senior Project - "Statistics and Analysis of North American Venture Capital Industry"